Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raiko Puust
Estonia
Keila
Harju Maakond
flag msg tools
designer
Raiko & Agnes Forever! Feel the Love and Feel the Warmth. Happiness is 2 hugs plus 3 kisses every hour...:D (http://mrboardgames.wordpress.com/)
badge
Addicted Estonian gamer with big heart and direct winning attitude. Need any help with something, just ask. Need some GG for something, just ask. Need something to be translated, just ask. Meanwhile, behave! :D (http://mrboardgames.wordpress.com/)
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played with Agnes (user LilyGirl) and Marika. This was the longest game ever, because we use no time limit to think the words. I can say now that this is big mistake! BIG, I tell you! The game lasted 150 minutes! Sõnamäng (Upwords) shouldn't be that long.
Ok! Back to the game!
I played Estonian version of the game! Nice little picture here:

Now. It had been long time between two games. Almost a year! So i was a little rusty at that game! Too hard to think! Maybe it is the swine flu or economical depression, I don't know, just really hard to think!
At start we all draw letter tiles to see who goes first! I drew R, Marika drew J and Agnes got an I, so she started the game!
Her very first word to the board was VARU!. 8 point word. To those who have no idea what or who Estonia is, estonian langauge is mostly four letter language! Fact! So there are many four letter word here. Anyway, she started with word VARU. Translation would be something like backup. Then clockwise order, was my turn! I made this great word like LOGIN! No translation available to that word, maybe a sound that car makes, when it is broken! And Marika started with word VIHM! < means rain

About an hour into the game, my head was fat and empty! Like really. I watched that board and upside down by the way. No ideas were coming into my head.

After the second hour there were left only me and Agnes. Marika decided to quit after like 45 minutes. Now I can say that wise decision. Her longest word was actually the longest word in the entire game. Her word was VIHMADEST! which would mean something like from the rain! After so many minutes of hard thinking everything on that board was looking like a big pile of letters, each meaning absolutely nothing. Actually there is a great picture for that also

Something like that!
The game lasted total of 22 rounds, where I made total of 42 words. Almost two words per round. I quite satisfied. She had total of 29 words. Total score by the end, and yes, I did get to the end was 271 against Agnes's 228! She actually had 253 but since had 5 tiles left when I placed my last on the board that cost her 25 points. My last 2 words were ŠIKK and PIKK! Translations would be elegant and tall!. Her last word were SÕNN, means taurus! Was real good fight between us. Since she is from Saaremaa. Basically no one here beside Estonian knows what that means, I tell you. That is a small island here that uses a little different language that the main part, so she often attacked me with words I had never heard of like SONN and ALSS! Really??? What do they mean??? I have no idea!

To finish, I love this game! Although this time the game was a little longer than expected, it is still one of my favorite games here in Estonia!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agnes A.
Estonia
Keila
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually even we in Saaremaa don`t use words "Sonn" and "alss". I heard them also first time.
But I get your point. I use in everyday life other weird words like: "nott" what means "sauce" (but in Estonian is sauce actually "kaste") and "koost" what means "spoon" (but in Estonian would be correct "lusikas" and so on...
Put unfortunately all those our island-words are not in the dictionary... So I can`t use those words...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raiko Puust
Estonia
Keila
Harju Maakond
flag msg tools
designer
Raiko & Agnes Forever! Feel the Love and Feel the Warmth. Happiness is 2 hugs plus 3 kisses every hour...:D (http://mrboardgames.wordpress.com/)
badge
Addicted Estonian gamer with big heart and direct winning attitude. Need any help with something, just ask. Need some GG for something, just ask. Need something to be translated, just ask. Meanwhile, behave! :D (http://mrboardgames.wordpress.com/)
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah! Your'e from other country, what can I say!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.