United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cry

Don't get me wrong, I LOVED the game!

But my girlfriend hated it cause it was too "luck driven". I can't argue with her but my girlfriend grew up in China and was never a baseball fan. I just love listening to a good game on the radio. And this game feels just like that -- but it helped that I was hearing John Miller (SF giants fan) in my head while I was playing.

As for the session report.

The game moved along smoothly. She was on the visiting team and I was the home team. It started a little slowly with a ton of outs played on each side, but I did score first with a single and a triple.

Then I explained the third/sixth inning discard, shuffle and re-deal rule. She wasn't paying attention when I told her about it at the beginning of the game so she made a fuss and I let her keep her "homerun card". She compromised and started the 4th with a solo shot to left field (ie no extra base runners).

The game was pretty even at the 7th inning stretch, but her team broke down and had a rough inning with a couple errors and so I was up 6-4 at the top of the Ninth.

She led off the Ninth with a walk. Like any modern manager (and also realizing that she hated the game and most likely wouldn't ever play with me again) I decided to go to my closer (relief pitcher card). Double!

Then she dropped a single. 6-5, with men on first and third, no outs. Well its not his day, so lets see what the bullpen got (relief pitcher card again). Single!

6-6, first and second, no out. Then she drops a triple and its 8-6! Finally, my boys get their act together and the inning ends with a groundout, walk, and double play.

Bottom of the Ninth. My bats, which were decent all game (a couple triples and a homerun), just died on me. She started with a strikeout. The next hitter saw a wild pitch (but noone was on base) and then was groundout. The last guy (going for a home run I guess) flied out on my card.

Like I said at the top, I love how this game seems to simulate the ebbs and flow of a baseball game - if you let it roll over you like a good game on the radio, but my girlfriend was rushing to end the game by the end and she really didn't let herself enjoy the narrative like I did. I had great fun but maybe you really gotta love baseball first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that this is a game with a lot of luck. I enjoy it because I enjoy the baseball flavor. But I wouldn't recommend it for someone who has no interest in baseball.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a fun little card game.

Have you considered getting a new girlfriend?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
hahaha I love baseball...but not THAT much...

but you bring up a good point...whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.