$10.00
Nick R
United Kingdom
Havant
Hampshire
flag msg tools
So long and thanks for all the fish
badge
42 - Life the Universe and Everything
mbmbmbmbmb
Afternoon all, no new flags to report so far today.

Regards

Gnome




32 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Vaccari
Italy
Nonantola (Mo)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations, Rasmus!
32 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate T.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Slapz wrote:
Got my golden meeple today - Lets try to find a new flag too =D



Congrats on the GM! meeple
32 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordi Boscà de Vasconcelos
Spain
Maestrazgo de Teruel
Teruel - Aragón
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello from Barcelona! meeple

I'm back!

Everybody thumbed & visited!
33 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Norris
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
mbmbmbmbmb
New flag gifted in the last hour....Mozambique! Thank you so much!







35 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rasmus H
Denmark
Aarhus N
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pone4games wrote:
New flag gifted in the last hour....Mozambique! Thank you so much!




Thats a really nice flag - GIEF! =D

Night night to all of ya
36 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claus
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
.. fan
badge
Buster fan!
mbmbmbmbmb
Pone4games wrote:
New flag gifted in the last hour....Mozambique! Thank you so much!









35 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Paradise
United States
Glassboro
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slapz wrote:
Got my golden meeple today - Lets try to find a new flag too =D





Super hoopy congrats to you.



Flag counter posted on 01/04/2010


States Counter posted on 01/06/2010


Canadian Counter posted on 03/31/2011

35 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claus
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
.. fan
badge
Buster fan!
mbmbmbmbmb


SatWcomic.com wrote:
No Flag for You

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Danish flag is the oldest one in the world still in use, and pretty much nothing is known about how it came to be. According to the myth the Danes were fighting the Estonians in Estonia and were about to lose, so the Danes called upon God and asked him for help. Then a flag fell from the sky and a heavenly voice said that the Danes would win under this flag.

Thanks to that story is has become a popular joke in Denmark that God was trying to give the flag to the Estonians (it fell into their country after all) and the Danes just snatched it.

But it would seem that something did indeed happen in that war, because the Latvians have a very similar flag from the same period, so flag-interested people suspect that there might be some kind of link.

Non the less, Estonia was once again left out.



13th February 2012


laughlaughlaugh



35 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronster Zero
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
no new flags

World Viewers

33 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Baker
United States
Syracuse
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rasmus- congrats on the golden meeple.

No new flags for me today. Everyone flagged and thumbed. Later everybody.

Jeff
35 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
n00bs wrote:


[q=SatWcomic.com]No Flag for You

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Danish flag is the oldest one in the world still in use, and pretty much nothing is known about how it came to be. According to the myth the Danes were fighting the Estonians in Estonia and were about to lose, so the Danes called upon God and asked him for help. Then a flag fell from the sky and a heavenly voice said that the Danes would win under this flag.

Thanks to that story is has become a popular joke in Denmark that God was trying to give the flag to the Estonians (it fell into their country after all) and the Danes just snatched it.

But it would seem that something did indeed happen in that war, because the Latvians have a very similar flag from the same period, so flag-interested people suspect that there might be some kind of link.

Non the less, Estonia was once again left out.



13th February 2012

SatW is such a great comic.
36 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian King
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
Hey You! Yes, you! - Check out my flag collection on my profile!
mbmbmbmbmb
Monday's nearly behind us. Nothing new for me today. All caught up with visits and thumbs.

Brian






36 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
One-Nil to the Arsenal!
badge
And it's Arsenal, Arsenal FC, We're by far the greatest team, The world has ever seen....
mbmbmbmbmb
New flag!

The Faroe Islands!


I'd never heard of them before. Here they are:


Not sure where it came from, but thanks unknown Faroese!

Only one more new flag until I hit the big 100!


36 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesus A. Perez
Spain
Madrid
Móstoles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New flag for me Faroe Islands








35 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Perez
United States
Worland
WY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb




35 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Perez
United States
Worland
WY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, visitor fro Tvøroyri, in the Faroe Islands!
34 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Welborn
United States
Anderson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Clemson 40 Oklahoma 6
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool flags. Nothing new for me.

34 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats to Rasmus on the Golden Meeple!

And thanks for the Faroe Islands flag - I don't think that's Rich...who is our mystery visitor?




35 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Gamer
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing new to report. I sure could use some New England States!!!
36 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad
United States
Elsmere
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing
34 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick R
United Kingdom
Havant
Hampshire
flag msg tools
So long and thanks for all the fish
badge
42 - Life the Universe and Everything
mbmbmbmbmb
Morning all, nothing new on the flag front overnight.

Regards

Gnome




33 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakob Bavnshøj
Denmark
Brøndum
DK-9500 Hobro
flag msg tools
designer
NOW
badge
Visit us at www.osterskov.dk
mb
Nothing new!

35 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Vaccari
Italy
Nonantola (Mo)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good morning, no Far Oer for me ... cry
34 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Roberts
United Kingdom
Colwyn Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vantageGT wrote:
New flag!

The Faroe Islands!


I'd never heard of them before. Here they are:


Not sure where it came from, but thanks unknown Faroese!

Only one more new flag until I hit the big 100!



I didn't get the Faroese flag either - it must be one of the rarer ones out there.

34 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  713 , 714 , 715 , 716 , 717  Next »  [1002] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.