Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Schwerdtfeger
United States
Redondo Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't quite tell if I can play this with Lost Cities the Boardgame. While I know the theme is different (I know, what theme?), I just don't know the two games well enough to be able to figure out if I'll be able to play this expansion with my Lost Cities base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Takagi
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see why not. The main problem (which could be substantial) is that you would need to agree beforehand which colors your LC:tBG cards stand for , since the colors differ in the two games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W M Shubert
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
You also need handshake cards. Those aren't in the board game.

You could mark some of the cards from the board game and call the marked cards handshakes; there are two of each number card in the board game, while the card game only has one. It's up to you whether that is OK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Molnar
Hungary
Budapest
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But it's not the card game but the great expansion to Keltis. It might be quite confusing to remember which color is which here but it might work.
I'd say maybe you should wait for Keltis: Das Orakel which might be good for this expansion as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
As has been said, you can play it just fine with LC:TBG components, as long as you have some way to indicate which colors map to which.

I'm actually surprised that no one has worked up a K-NWNZ-style board using LC:TBG graphical elements yet; I expected it quite a while ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry
United States
carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this with Lost Cities: BG a couple of times, and it worked okay, but wasn't entirely satisfying.

The problem is that one of the card colors is different (I forget which exactly) and that creates a bit of confusion.

I solved this problem by trading away LC:BG and getting Keltis!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.