12 Posts

Battles of Napoleon: The Eagle and the Lion» Forums » General

Subject: Expansions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
roger beatson
New Zealand
flag msg tools
This game just jumped to the top of my "must buy" list.
I am wondering however as to what expansions are likely to be released.I'm assuming they will be additional nationalities including extra miniatures , cards, and scenarios.Perhaps some rough idea from the games designers might help clarify what the expansions will consist of and some general time frame as to when they might be released.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We are working on several expansions.

The plan is still subject to change but this is what we're preparing.

One is a very simple one, which essentially allows you to purchase a second set of figures (with different color bases) and gameboards, at the same time introducing more extensive scenarios.

In this way anybody interested in playing larger battles is not forced to purchase a 2nd box of the game.

The next expansion is focused around Elite units, both for the French and British army, with new figures, cards and scenarios.

After that, we will have two expansions introducing the Prussian army and the Austrian army (most likely in this order) - again new figures, new cards and new scenarios.

As this is a boardgame, not a miniature game, the expansions will come in at a reasonable pace- we expect one new expansion to release about every 4-6 months, unless the customers force us to change our plans - for better or worse
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roger beatson
New Zealand
flag msg tools

Thanks for the reply Roberto.
That was exactly what I wanted to hear.Really looking forward to the game.

regards
Roger
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GM Davis
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Is there a possibility that we may see the Russians too?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, of course!
Over time we want to cover all the major nations of the Napoleonic Wars.
These are not in the very immediate future however,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cowles
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just peering at the distant horizon and wondering if I see any British Marines or Sailors approaching for a landing party raid or to assist the Portugese in seeing off Bonney's advances?
arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roger beatson
New Zealand
flag msg tools
cybernex wrote:
Yes, of course!
Over time we want to cover all the major nations of the Napoleonic Wars.
These are not in the very immediate future however,

Roberto
Will the other nations miniatures be molded in different colours or will they be red and blue like the original pieces ?
Don't suppose it actually matters once they are all painted up but was just curious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The intention is to have a different colour for each nation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roger beatson
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Roberto
Can you tell me if the playing pieces are the same as the Italieri 1:72 scale Napoleonic range.I had read a couple of other posts where people thought they may be the same figures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The SCULPTURES are the same - however the figures are not, as all the Infantry, Cavalry and Command Groups have been modified to use the basing system (so the base has been made square and with an insertion pin).

The only figures which are unmodified from the original Italeri figures are the artillery units, which do not use the basing system.
(They have been specifically produced for this set, however, with color matching the other pieces, and removed from frames for ease of use).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Drapalski
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Roberto, I urge you to issue the Austrians as soon as possible! I am a serious student of the 1809 campaign, and with my 15mm miniatures I focus on 1809, 1813, and 1814 campaigns. The latter especially create opportunities for multi-national forces.

Your game looks great, and I can't wait to get a copy. I think it will fill a void for many of us- an intelligent, playable hybrid board-miniatures game for a very popular period of history. Many thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Burgo
msg tools
mb
Any idea about what colors the figures will be for the other armies that will be in the upcoming expansions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.