Subject: Remora and the Reward Deck rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael De Coster
Belgium
Brasschaat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a player draws cards from the Reward Deck, can the Remora draw a card from the Reward Deck as well? If not, can he draw from the regular Deck instead?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Montgomery
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
bitsofboardgames.blogspot.com My Game Blog
mbmbmbmbmb
The instead part doesn't seem to follow in the intention of the power. I've ruled that Remora draws from Rewards deck, and further if a defensive ally took say 2 cards from each deck, Remora would get 1 from each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris O
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it is obvious that the intention of Remora is to "mimic" other players, so he would get a card from the same deck just like from the same Warp.

So the answer I believe is yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Owens
United States
Garland
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well, I dunno. As I understand, the Rewards deck is exclusively for victorious defensive allies. Even if Remora is clinging, would he be allowed to draw from it when he isn't a defensive ally?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Messianic wrote:
I think it is obvious that the intention of Remora is to "mimic" other players, so he would get a card from the same deck just like from the same Warp.

So the answer I believe is yes.

I agree. We played it this way, and it didn't break anything. Remora is "along for the ride" with the other defensive allies, like a real remora is along for the ride with a shark. Remora gets the same benefits as the defensive ally, as it would the shark (free food).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.