Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: app [+] [View All]
Andrew Brampton
United Kingdom
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
Hey guys,

I saw that the iPhone had some apps that kept score of you games, so I'd thought I'd make an Android app. I've just released it onto the Android Market place, it's free, and it's called "Scorer".

I would be grateful if you guys had a look, played around with it, and gave me any feedback, good or bad. BTW I already realise that Pen and Paper work just as well (if not better)

Here is the small blerb I wrote on the Market Place
Quote:
Track the score of any number of players with this simple to use application. Great for card and board games such as Scrabble, Magic, Carcassonne, etc.

Features:
- Unlimited players.
- Easy to use.
- Assign colours to players.
- Randomise order or colours.
- Keeps players and scores.
- Free!

Thanks Andrew

P.S Here are two screen shots of it:
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Martinell
United States
Beaumont
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool app. I never thought that this type of app would be useful, but it works well and I can definately see its usefulness for Magic, Scrabble, generally games that don't have on-board scoring tracks.

I don't know of any way that you could improve it for what it does, and what it does is very basic, but I wouldn't want it to do anything more either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brampton
United Kingdom
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
Thanks for the feedback. The only extra I was thinking of adding was another page that showed the history of the scores. So I could see how the scores progressed, and I'd perhaps even chart them with some kind of graph.

But for something like this, being simple and easy to use is the key.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Goadrich
United States
Conway
Arkansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been wanting an app like this, I tried to find one a while ago and was going to try and write one, but this looks great, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Thompson
Australia
Brisbane
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Added to this geeklist: Software Tools for Board Games, RPG's and BGG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brampton
United Kingdom
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
Tycalt wrote:

that's awesome, thanks Mark!

I've already had some good feedback and a new version will be released soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell
Netherlands
Zutphen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Super. Simple and light. Just what I was looking for.
I really like your music grid too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
University Hts
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! I was thinking of writing something almost exactly like this. Well done.

How hard would it be to customize the +/- scoring buttons? Many party games don't need the -10 or +10, and would benefit from a +2 and/or +3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dew
United States
Daytona Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrew, that looks like a great app, thanks for your time and effort and for making it available for the general gaming public.

Have you considered putting a full numeric keyboard instead of the -10, -1, +1, & +10? I've got a scoring app for my iPhone (EZ Score Lite, for those curious) that has something along the lines of this arrangement that pops up when you click on a player's score:

7 8 9
4 5 6
1 2 3
+ 0 -

The functionality that I would envision is that the user would enter the numeric value, then click either the "+" to add it to the score or the "-" to subtract it from the score. This may make entering score changes a little easier rather than having to repeatedly hit the "+1" and "-1" buttons, or having to remember a digital version of Roman numerals (okay, "+10" and then "-1" "-1" to get "8").

Just a suggestion, I have no idea what it takes to program apps for Android (or iPhone, or anything else for that matter!). However, suggestion aside, I will definitely be downloading this! Again, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gregg
United States
Franklinville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
boardgamegeek.com/thread/1234645
mbmbmbmbmb
Linky: Scorer: The Score Keeper
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Maynor
United States
Peachtree City
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Simple, direct... awesome!

I will use this to score L5R now. And no more table bumps on dice or track counters. Great little app indeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quelf elf
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chadmart wrote:
Cool app. I never thought that this type of app would be useful, but it works well and I can definately see its usefulness for Magic, Scrabble, generally games that don't have on-board scoring Kramertracks.

FTFY.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevin Beattie
United States
West Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just found out about this and am looking forward to trying it at our next game night. A problem I’ve had with games that don’t have a score track is that players call out their scores faster than I can enter them in the BoardGameGeek app; this one looks like it could be quicker.

One glitch though — the color picker isn’t showing any colors, just a bunch of dark dray with a couple of light gray cross-stripes through it, and there’s a tiny dot of color next to the player name instead of a large square. Maybe it’s a version compatibility issue? My phone is running KitKat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.