Subject: Please announce here when published! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steffan O'Sullivan
United States
Plymouth
NH
flag msg tools
The clever men at Oxford Know all that there is to be knowed. But they none of them know one half as much As intelligent Mr. Toad!
badge
“The motor-car went Poop-poop-poop, As it raced along the road. Who was it steered it into a pond? Ingenious Mr. Toad!”
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking forward to it!

Edit: though I have to admit I'm very skeptical this game could support five players. Three: definitely. Four: probably, but I hope there will be thorough playtesting first.

Disclosure: I'm hoping an expansion that serves fewer players will be cheaper. But I really do have doubts that the small map will work with five, and the increased playing time with so many players sounds like it would be beyond what the game should be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, the game was BUILT for 5 players, and originally tested for same, so don't worry. It's well-tested.

The expansion serves MORE players, not fewer, but it should be cheaper than the base game, although the final price has not been set at the time of this posting.

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffan O'Sullivan
United States
Plymouth
NH
flag msg tools
The clever men at Oxford Know all that there is to be knowed. But they none of them know one half as much As intelligent Mr. Toad!
badge
“The motor-car went Poop-poop-poop, As it raced along the road. Who was it steered it into a pond? Ingenious Mr. Toad!”
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Alan. So how long does a five-player game take?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Decker
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The game was originally built as a four player game. It then expanded to included 2, 3, and 5 players. The solitaire version came much later. I think its sweet spot is with 4 players, but there's really not much difference with 3.

The five player game gets really competitive and crowded. Decisions are often made by things like "can you get to something faster than anyone else," and in the advanced game re-using played cards becomes very tempting. Decisions at the 5-player level are much more critical. You have to be very careful about what talent you pick up and when you play certain cards.

sos1 wrote:
Thanks, Alan. So how long does a five-player game take?

Most of the 5-player games I've test have gone a little over 2 hours. I'm often playing with new people or explaining the game along the way, though. I think for the first few plays, you should assume about 30 minutes per player. Hopefully quicker after that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffan O'Sullivan
United States
Plymouth
NH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheRook wrote:
Most of the 5-player games I've test have gone a little over 2 hours. I'm often playing with new people or explaining the game along the way, though. I think for the first few plays, you should assume about 30 minutes per player. Hopefully quicker after that.

Wow! We've only played once so far, and it took two hours with just two of us! That's why I was assuming a five-player game would take too long ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.