Popular Tags: [View All]
Filipe Cunha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the english rules available anywhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurence Parsons
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
Old enough to know what's right
badge
Young enough not to choose it
mbmbmbmbmb
In the English version of the game?
But seriously, I have this game, and the rules are not complex. Although I can't post the rules, I'm happy to field any questions you may have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filipe Cunha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, the english version.

I'm considering this vs Take it Easy. I know the basic rules, but doesn't know the difference from one another (except for the heavy price tag on Take it to the Limit when compared to Take it Easy)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurence Parsons
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've not played Take It Easy, but I believe they are essentially the same game, except that Take It Easy is a smaller version.
TITTL has a double-sided board, so there are 2 versions of the game in the box. A full game and a shorter game.
The main player board in TITTL is 37-hex board (4-5-6-7-6-5-4) with a 7-hex "sideboard" (2-3-2) for discards - although the discard board also contributes to the score. So 44 of the 64 possible tiles are used each game.
The flip side is a smaller "orchid" board of 15 spaces, and the tile pool is halved to 32 possible tiles, for a shorter game.
If you know the basic rules, then you understand how both games work. It seems like your decision is just one of scale. TITTL is the bigger game, (with a smaller game option) but is that what you want?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filipe Cunha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Scrapyard just add points to the total? I thought it had some other effects.
The bonus tiles just add to the total as well? Even if the tile in question isn't scoring anything?

When does the game end, when both boards are complete or when the Nexus board is complete?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurence Parsons
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

The Scrapyard board is like a mini-game within the main game. If you don't score at least 50 points on the Scrapyard, then you lose 50 points from your total. However, the Scrapyard points don't actually add to your total - you just need to get past the 50 barrier in order to avoid losing 50 points. I'm not sure I explained that very well.

The game ends when the Nexus board and the Scrapyard are full - 44 tiles. Remember that for some players, the 44th tile could be on the Nexus board, and for others on the Scrapyard.

As well as the "normal" scoring (lines of the same number), there are also two other ways to score points.

1) Some tiles have a Bonus value. If you have 3 scoring lines passing through this tile, you get the full bonus. If you have 2 scoring lines passing through this tile, you score half the bonus.

2) All the tiles also have either a Sun or a Moon on them. You score bonus points for your longest line of either Suns or Moons. This line doesn't have to be a valid scoring line in it's own right.

All these things help make TITTL just a little more complex than the smaller game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filipe Cunha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, alright, thanks!

Each Sun and Moon in the sequence is worth 1pt only?

On the Orchid board, you get to use the Scrapyard, or it's just the Orchid board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurence Parsons
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
each sun or moon is worth 10 points, but only the longest line counts.
The orchid board does not use the scrapyard, but there are 3 special hexes that can be used more flexibly.
Also on the Orchid board you use only half the tiles - either the sun or the moon tiles (decide before the start), so there is no sun/moon bonus on this board. It's a quicker game.
It sounds to me like you should be getting TITTL ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.