Hide
1 Posts

Jet Set» Forums » Variants

Subject: Bank Loan Variant? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel
msg tools
So after playing with my friends again today we came up with a variant idea. After playing a couple games and realizing we were short 1 or 2 Dollar-Euro Moneys ((DEM)As we call it) we came up with a new rule and I wanted some input on if it would be considered broken. It may also be in the expansion, I haven't really checked

The Idea:

Players may spend their turn taking a loan from the bank. Additional money cards are placed in front of the player taking the loan and turned to the side to mark debt. (similar to Magic: The Gathering tapping) Each turn a player with debt adds a marker to the sideways money card(s) in front of them. Players may not complete final destination routes or long flight routes until the debt is fully repaid.

In order to pay off a debt players must spend the amount equal to the cards in front of them plus 1 DEM per marker.

Example:

Player A spends his turn getting a loan of 15 DEM. The next turn he places a marker on the 10 card in front of him and takes his turn. The next turn he takes income and places an additional marker on the 10. The following turn Player A pays 17 DEM and removes the cards in front of him.

Personal Edits:
I was thinking that theoretically this could break the game by not allowing a player to finish long routes or overpowering the short route only strategy. The first idea I had was that there be a maximum loan amount, like 20 DEM. The other one would be to remove the long route restriction.

Input on this idea would be great as well as letting me know of a play with this rule so I can tell how popular this idea is. Geek gold is always welcome.

Thanks for reading
Zinx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.