Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Nicholson
United States
Fayetteville
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that JKLM Games has gone into liquidation, I don't know the future for Tulipmania 1637. I haven't been contacted about someone else picking it up. I do have the rights to it, so I'm assuming another company could publish it if there's interest.

So, if you were waiting to get a copy, I'd suggest you grab it now while it's still in a number of the shops.

As for the reason to get it - buy it if you want to play it. Don't buy it just to support me through royalties; if that's your motive, wait until my book, "Everyone Plays at the Library" rolls out this summer from Information Today.

(filed under "Irony").
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There doesn't seem to be any particularly short supply of them now, at least not in the UK where I buy things, but I've got my spare copy already

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh. Purchased the the first week I got paid after the JKLM announcement and played 2x last week

I like it!!

The only criticism, if another publisher does pick it up, is that it is a bit hard to differentiate some of the card colors, blue? purple? blurple?

My aunt was particularly frustrated by this, I did notice some of the glasses were a different shape which helped but sticking some sort of unique icon for each color on the cards would help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing else off my list?

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/435552/a-look-at-the-com...-

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Norman
United Kingdom
Trowbridge
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott,

snicholson wrote:
Now that JKLM Games has gone into liquidation, I don't know the future for Tulipmania 1637. I haven't been contacted about someone else picking it up. I do have the rights to it, so I'm assuming another company could publish it if there's interest.

So, if you were waiting to get a copy, I'd suggest you grab it now while it's still in a number of the shops.

While JKLM Games Ltd has gone into liquidation, most, if not all of the copies have already been bought by distributors, so there's no problem with the game continuing to be available until the current production run runs out.

David.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Velazquez
Mexico
Tijuana
Baja California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought my copy a few weeks ago and my little gaming group really liked it! I enjoy games that push social interactions and a little intuitive guessing on the part of the players. I've also got no problem in supporting great people with a purchase, it's the least I can do for someone who works so hard for gaming like Scott does.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Moreno Serrano
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
Join us every Tuesday night at the Woking Gaming Club!
badge
Interested in knowing in which games I'm working at the moment? Send me a geekmail to discover!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought today my copy (it was the last one in my FLGS) here in the UK. I had no clue that JKLM was going under so I'm extra happy to have bought it in time.

I bought it because I think it's a cool game with good mechanics and also to support Scott, I think his video reviews are the best out there.

Thank you so much Scott for your hard work and keep them coming!
You are also the culprit of me buying a copy of 1856 after I saw your review on 18xx games.

I hope to play Tulipmania tomorrow with some friends.meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Comeyne
Belgium
Assebroek (Brugge)
West-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Today's offer on http://nightlygame.com is Tulipmania 1637 but beware: you can only buy it if you live in Belgium or the Netherlands...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.