Popular Tags: [View All]
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule translation says, "Note: Unlike the base game, a figure on a final field (value 10) does not allow to use further played cards of this color in order to move other figures."

As written, this says you can't play a color which you have a pawn in the 10-point spot. This doesn't seem right with the mixed-path layout of the game.

Can anyone confirm that this is, indeed, the rule or just a wonky translation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W M Shubert
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's gotta be a nutty translation, because in the base game you aren't allowed to play another card of that color. Since it says "UNLIKE the base game...", plus your point about the mixed paths, it only makes sense that you can keep playing a color when you have a figure already on location 10.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
wmshub wrote:
It's gotta be a nutty translation, because in the base game you aren't allowed to play another card of that color. Since it says "UNLIKE the base game...", plus your point about the mixed paths, it only makes sense that you can keep playing a color when you have a figure already on location 10.

Which is my argument.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That is not Depeche but rather
United States
Grandville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wmshub wrote:
It's gotta be a nutty translation, because in the base game you aren't allowed to play another card of that color.

This is incorrect. In the base game, you can play another card of a color after you've already reached the end of that path. Doing so allows you to move any other pawn of yours forward one stone. It still has to be a legal card play of course.

With that said;
Quote:
Note: Unlike the base game, a figure on a final field (value 10) does not allow to use further played cards of this color in order to move other figures.
This simply means that you cannot do the same thing in the expansion. Presumably because there could still be a legal play for those cards where in the base game those cards would otherwise have no use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess it would help if I hadn't forgotten that rule, eh? zombie

Everything makes sense now, thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W M Shubert
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops! I forgot the original rule too.

Point to progmode.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.