Subject: Acquire those tail feathers! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Ross
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
Having once played this game with my daughter when she was too young, I was a bit hesitant to play with her again, as I thought at 7, she might find the game too "childish".
Boy, was I wrong. She and my nephew asked to play some games, so we went with Chicken Cha Cha Cha and Zapp Zerapp.
Chicken Cha Cha Cha was the clear favourite.
After setting up the 24 eggs in a circle around the 13 hexagonal tiles, and placing a single tail feather in our chickens, we were ready to go.
It's a memory game that works quite simply. You turn over the egg in front of you and find its matching picture from the hexagonal tiles in the middle of the circle. Find a match you move forward and keep going until you don't find a match. Once you jump over another player's chicken you steal their tail feather. The winner is the player who collects all the tail feathers.
We played this game several times, as the 7 yr olds really enjoyed this game. They loved acquiring tail feathers from one another and would make great groans when the wrong tile was turned over and triumphant shouts when they chose wisely.
The first play was the most interesting as it saw my chicken stall out as I could not find the tile with the corresponding chicken eggs in a nest. You may think, well with two other players you should uncover the 13 tiles fairly quickly. You would think so, but for whatever reason we kept picking up the same tiles. Either I'm getting really old or they're still really young. My nephew started to move first after discovering the caterpillar he needed. He came up right behind my daughter who needed to find a cracked egg in an egg holder. I was still stuck looking for the tile with the eggs in the nest. Well, my nephew jumped my daughter's chicken and took her tail feather. This occurred about 3 more times as they continued to hop over one another stealing tail feathers. Quite quickly they caught up to me, as I had only just found my matching tile to move forward, but then was stalled trying to find a tile with a worm on it. Quite quickly my daughter overtook both my nephew and I and won the game.
All in all a very fun little game for little ones, and I'm sure kids could have a grand time playing this game themselves, and also a good time playing with adults. The mechanic is simple to understand and there's enough variety to keep you engaged and enjoying it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.