$10.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
115 Posts
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Press Releases

Subject: New Product Annoucement - Premium Gaming Table Covers @ Boards & Bits! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott aka SuperRadScott aka
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardsAndBits wrote:
I have a very limited supply remaining, so I can't keep it open for orders. If you use the contact us page to let me know what you want, I can email you if I have it.

It's a big investment, so it may be a while before I get some new material in.

Tom

Hey Tom, What's the status on new mats? I have a table that's begging for one. And try to not deny my table anything, I guess I'm a pushover that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boards & Bits
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Huggable Zombie wrote:
BoardsAndBits wrote:
I have a very limited supply remaining, so I can't keep it open for orders. If you use the contact us page to let me know what you want, I can email you if I have it.

Tom

Hey Tom, What's the status on new mats? I have a table that's begging for one. And try to not deny my table anything, I guess I'm a pushover that way.

Sorry, no update. I still have some material here, but I've been slammed for the last couple of months with the holidays, etc. Still plan to do it sometime, just don't know when

Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
Fez.
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardsAndBits wrote:
Huggable Zombie wrote:
BoardsAndBits wrote:

Tom

Sorry, no update. I still have some material here, but I've been slammed for the last couple of months with the holidays, etc. Still plan to do it sometime, just don't know when

Tom

Good. Because that guy is spoiling his table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odie Hestnes
msg tools
Has anyone found anything comparable to this product that they are happy with? No offense to Boards&Bits (still where I make 80% of my purchases), but it has been 7 months now since I made my request and it is time to look for an alternative.
Far as I understand it is basically uncut mousepad material. Anyone know a source for this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
While sleeping, watch!
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The production of Hoffman lenses is incumbent upon all true scientists
badge
The tallest mountains, the darkest forests, the deepest deserts, the oldest books, there you will find the stone.
mbmbmbmbmb
I too am waiting and waiting on Tom, I'm sure he is busy. I just wish he could find the time to sort all these orders out for the people waiting.

I did check into this a bit and it seems like the only way to find an alternative would be to do a very large order from a factory. I have not checked into the Chinese places, but the place in the USA needs a fairly large minimum order. The only way to do this (for me at least) would be a kickstarter project. The advantage might be that it could be done for 1/4" thick material instead of just 1/8" thick, but I don't know if there will be an advantage to that or not (it would be heavier and require double the volume, but it would be springier). I have NOT ordered samples yet.

I just hope Tom can get some time to finish this out very soon so I won't have to think about doing that. However if someone wants to take it on, please send me a PM, I'll send you my info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odie Hestnes
msg tools
They now have a very limited selection of these in stock, mostly in ugly colors, and no custom cuts
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting the update! Been waiting for one of these.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boards & Bits
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Big_Egg wrote:
They now have a very limited selection of these in stock, mostly in ugly colors, and no custom cuts

LOL...Ugly colors?! These are the same 2 colors we have always had

Tom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
Fez.
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardsAndBits wrote:
Big_Egg wrote:

LOL...Ugly colors?! These are the same 2 colors we have always had

Tom

Admit it! Aqua and Purple would be so much prettier!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulk
United States
Cedar Park
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Loving my "Grade B" black cover. Thanks.

If anyone is concerned about the "Grade B" then don't. It's still great quality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boards & Bits
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mathue, thanks a ton for posting that. I was actually wondering what people would think. Glad to know it doesn't disappoint

Tom
Boards & Bits
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan F.
United States
San Jose
CA
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm wondering about the different grades. Undeadviking said he purchased his for around $20 + shipping. I'm assuming the one he talked about was Grade C.

Can anyone tell/show me the differences between the grades?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boards & Bits
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Undeadviking bought his a while ago, and I've had to increase prices. He also bought when I didn't have grades, so his was an A/B+.

The grades are compared on my site. But if anyone can add anything, great

Tom
Boards & Bits

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gedeon
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I went ahead and ordered one of the 'Grade B' green covers this afternoon, and I'm really looking forward to getting this. Funny...never thought the time would come where I'm somewhat excited about a table cover...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrett Dunn
United States
Tulsa
OK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom,
I bought mine a couple of months ago and all I can say is it was one of the best investments ever. Now I'm mostly done with my gaming table and have decided I definitely need to buy another (it has a coverable recessed area ala many of the geek chic ones) so don't go selling out of black anytime soon. I can definitely attest to the quality of this product. It handles spills great, an while the smell when it came out of the box was annoying within a day or so it was gone. Everything just feels right with it.

Thanks for such a great product and great service.... The only thing that annoys me is this is one of those "now why the heck didn't I think of that" ideas, but then those are always the best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Bourne
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
www.earthbanana.com
badge
Damn, it feels good to be a hamster!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Tom, I'm planning on building a game table in the next couple months. I see on your site that you say the grade c is ok if you are gluing down. Can you get the majority of wrinkles out doing it this way? Also what kind of bonding agent do you recommend?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boards & Bits
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bournizzle wrote:
Hey Tom, I'm planning on building a game table in the next couple months. I see on your site that you say the grade c is ok if you are gluing down. Can you get the majority of wrinkles out doing it this way? Also what kind of bonding agent do you recommend?

Hi Alex,

I believe all of the wrinkles will come out, but I haven't tried a big C-grade cover. We did glue a piece of material using 3M Spray Adhesive and it worked great. I haven't seen the table since we did it, so I don't know exactly what it's like 3 years later.

If for some reason it doesn't work right, we'll figure something out.

Tom
Boards & Bits

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Branchburg
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will the A and B grade black covers be available again in the near future?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boards & Bits
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mugs wrote:

Near future, I doubt it. Future, probably.

Hope that helps!

Tom
Boards & Bits

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AKQJX
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardsAndBits wrote:
mugs wrote:

Hope that helps!

Tom
Boards & Bits

Can we reserve one of the color and size you have listed? Are there custum cuts available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boards & Bits
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
funbelievable wrote:
BoardsAndBits wrote:
mugs wrote:

Hope that helps!

Tom
Boards & Bits

Can we reserve one of the color and size you have listed? Are there custum cuts available?

You can send me an email (from our Contact Us page) with the size and color you want and I will reserve it for you. Unfortunately I no longer have the ability to do custom cuts (I no longer have the large cutting table I once had).

Tom
Boards & Bits
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
While sleeping, watch!
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The production of Hoffman lenses is incumbent upon all true scientists
badge
The tallest mountains, the darkest forests, the deepest deserts, the oldest books, there you will find the stone.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to post that I got two covers from Tom and I am Extremely satisfied. Best investments ever. Hopefully I'll have my own table back soon, but I take them with me to play and there is no comparison to anything else. Everything sticks where you want it to and slides when you need it to. Amazing surface to play on and it takes care of a lot of table defects (and I play a lot of places so I notice). These are great table covers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linux Chick
msg tools
I, too just purchased a table cover from Boards & Bits. 48"x72" in green, grade B. I ordered it on 12/14 and it arrived today, 12/20.

I was worried about the "visible waves," but I'm very pleased with the material overall! The cover is very smooth, and even though the ripples aren't as visually appealing, it doesn't affect the smoothness of the surface. Boards and cards lay completely flat, cards slide easily, friction is just enough. I can't wait to really test it out on our next game day.

I also bought a dice tray, but may end up rolling on the table cover itself more often, because it dampens sound so well. With the bottom layer being rubber, the dice do bounce a little, but not too much.

As you can see from the photo, I've cut the cover (use a sharp rotary cutter) to fit the width of my table (my table is 79" long, so that can't be helped). It grips the surface perfectly, and it's great to rest arms and elbows on when sitting.

A big thanks to Tom and his wife for fulfilling orders in such a timely manner, especially around Christmas and during their big move!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salim Khoury
United States
Houston
TX
flag msg tools
Give Grace, Always.
badge
Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom what about a 96x48 black mat of A quality? All I see is B quality on the site...am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salim Khoury
United States
Houston
TX
flag msg tools
Give Grace, Always.
badge
Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.
mbmbmbmbmb
Also,

Will someone with experience explain to me (in child's language) how I would use a rotary cutter to cut 72 or 96 inches without resulting in a curvy edge, I'm certain I won't make a straight cut with a rotary cutter for that long of a cut...my table is 40" wide so there would be some real trimming to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.