Subject: acCount Dracula rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Stanley
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I just picked up this game. We really enjoy it, but we have developed a variant we really like for the game. It has two major changes.

1. Each of us get a notecard. It eliminates the memory aspect, as we can be accountants and record what we find in different houses. That balances the playing field a little and is a welcome break when we are in the mood to play, but not really in the mood to concentrate on the game.

2. She is actually Buffy the Vampire Slayer, not Van Helsing. The pictures of Van Helsing on her cards are just her mentor ("watcher") giving her advice and helping with the hunt.

Anyone know where I can get a Buffy the Vampire Slayer meeple that's roughly the same size and color as the Van Helsing meeple?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Blue Steel wrote:

1. Each of us get a notecard. It eliminates the memory aspect, as we can be accountants and record what we find in different houses.

I understand many people dislike the memory aspect, but many also have a greater dislike for "accounting". I think your variant turns a little of the fun into work. My suggestion is to leave revealed encounter cards that belong to your opponent face-up until he/she replaces them (or pretends to). It doesn't eliminate the memory aspect completely, but reduces it by a signifcant degree.

Quote:
2. She is actually Buffy the Vampire Slayer, not Van Helsing.

Well, I wouldn't call it a "major" change. In fact, it is not a change at all (to the mechanics).

Quote:
Anyone know where I can get a Buffy the Vampire Slayer meeple that's roughly the same size and color as the Van Helsing meeple?

I don't think you will find a Buffy "meeple", but due to the "magic" of the wooden pieces, it doesn't really need to be Buffy, does it? Any female piece will probably do. Witch of Salem is another Horror-themed game with two (identical) female figures of proper size (a bit smaller than Dracula). Times Square is another game in the Kosmos two-player series that also has two (different) female figures, but I don't know their size.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Horinek
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Stairway scare, Dan Dare, who's there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Time square figures are bigger than Dracula figures. They are nicely shaped though ). Brilliant game, by the way.
Just use a file and paint and make your own Buffy(out of Helsing), it should not be pain ... i mean some sort of a Eurogame Buffy . Also, i haven't seen Buffy, but it may also need some changes to the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.