Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wood
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've created a rules sheet that includes these clarifications.

www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/56430
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sweeney
United Kingdom
Ashford
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I created a PDF covering all the rules and clarifications as well. Only just got the link:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/56428/el-razul-rules-c...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wood
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
johnthesweeney wrote:
I created a PDF covering all the rules and clarifications as well. Only just got the link:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/56428/el-razul-rules-c...

Mine's prettier!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sweeney
United Kingdom
Ashford
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, yours is prettier

But I believe mine is slighty more complete:
a) I incorporated the clarifications into the rules rather than leaving them as a separate section at the end
b) I included some of the answers to queries raised in this discussion.

But they are both useful documents.
John
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So let's say you use the drought tiles. When you run out of a fruit type, do all fruit of that type including the 2 or 4 set aside from the drought go back, or do the ones taken out by the drought stay out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Molnar
Hungary
Budapest
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ralpher wrote:
So let's say you use the drought tiles. When you run out of a fruit type, do all fruit of that type including the 2 or 4 set aside from the drought go back, or do the ones taken out by the drought stay out?

To me it seems the fruits set aside are put back in the box and not used in the game anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are we 100% sure that the Drought tile doesn't count against the cart fruit limit? (deliver 6, take a 6 tile + the drought 2 tile)

Played it today, that seemed really weird. The moment the drought appeared it was an instant beeline for it, since it's a free 2 points, as well as 2 towards your sequence bonus. The drought "penalty" affects everyone pretty much equally thereafter.

It seems like it would work better if it still cost you the 2 in space, but you didn't have to deliver those actual fruits (deliver 4, take a 4 tile + the drought 2).

Then it wouldn't be an instant grab, it would stay on the board for a time, and could actually trigger a fruit shortage and loss by players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sweeney
United Kingdom
Ashford
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.

We are quite sure.

The rules are very clear that the drought tile takes no space in a cart.

But of course if you find it plays better with your house rules you can play it any way you like. As long as everyone in the game agrees and you all have fun, then the game is a success :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
Are we 100% sure that the Drought tile doesn't count against the cart fruit limit? (deliver 6, take a 6 tile + the drought 2 tile)

Played it today, that seemed really weird. The moment the drought appeared it was an instant beeline for it, since it's a free 2 points, as well as 2 towards your sequence bonus. The drought "penalty" affects everyone pretty much equally thereafter.

It seems like it would work better if it still cost you the 2 in space, but you didn't have to deliver those actual fruits (deliver 4, take a 4 tile + the drought 2).

Then it wouldn't be an instant grab, it would stay on the board for a time, and could actually trigger a fruit shortage and loss by players.

I'd play with the house rule it takes up 2 of the cart. Otherwise, the game a bigger advantage to the player who's turn it is when the drought tiles are revealed. It already is an advantage to be able to take the tiles without paying any fruit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Short
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:

I agree this seems strange. With the current understanding, it's a no-brainer to pick up the drought tile. If there's no negative factor to balance the decision, this loses it's appeal for me and begs to be house-ruled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Short
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, so I haven't been able to stop thinking about these Drought Tiles. They seem like they have so much potential, but under the current ruleset, they just fall flat for me.

Here's the solution that I propose: Making Drought Tiles More Interesting
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.