Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
viny viny
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi
I proposed this power among others in another post:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/518507/relatively-simple...

Time shifting, 4
You can move the turn marker up or down by one slot when selecting the associated race and/or when going into decline. The marker still has to end on one of the pre-defined slots.

It came up as one with potential but with balancing issues (discussion here and in the french DoW forum where Patlapatate posted the pdf of his french version)

I would like to ask your contribution in order to make a democratic design, hoping that the number will make it for the balancing difficulty.
Thanks for your help. And thank you Yojimbo252 for the new name.

The idea behind this power is to be able to shorten or increase the game length by one turn (maybe 2) when the race is selected and/or put in decline.
Game impact could be:
-1 turn to prevent someone to pick a last race or take full potential from his last pick,
to stop the pain if you are in a bad situation
+1 turn in order to catch up and keep your opponents in a lengthy decline
My questions (I could not manage to link them to each other):

Poll
1. How many?
2. When is the power effective?
selection
decline
both selection and decline (hence possible twice)
both selection and decline but only possible once
3. How powerful
+/- 0 to 1 turn
+/- 0 to 2 turns
+ 1 turn or -2 turns
      18 answers
Poll created by Paglop

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pere
Spain
La Nucia
Alicante
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same exact idea some time ago: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/587457/small-world

Since then, it has evolved to:

Time-travelling [5]
You can choose this combo when you decline your actual race and play immediately first conquest (effectively gaining an extra turn)

Kind of simmetric to Stoic

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
viny viny
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oups, sorry for that, I didn't check properly the existing treads.
Anyway, let's see if the poll design leads somewhere.

I can read now you received some pretty strong comments on your proposal.

About the theme my previous idea was Time Keeper (quickly translated from the french Gardiens du temps) which is maybe better translated by Guardian or Warden.

Your last version is pretty different from your initial idea and indeed maybe a bit too much like stoic...

Thanks for your answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim bo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
senseless wrote:
I had the same exact idea some time ago: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/587457/small-world

Since then, it has evolved to:

Time-travelling [5]

Yeah I also thought of that name but felt it was a little too science fiction rather than fantasy so opted for "Time Shifting" instead. Just themantics really.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
viny viny
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll results:
I am not sure the number of opinions is enough to have a statistically valid result, but we have some trends...

The outcome is that the number of token should be more towards 4,
That the use should be limited to one time,
and that it should be at selection.

However, based on an idea from the French DoW forum, a more thematically interesting version appears to be:

Time Shifting, 4
After the conquest of your first magic source you can move the turn marker up or down by one slot. The marker still has to end on one of the pre-defined slots.
Use the power only once.

More magic, not too powerfull, flexible, better?
Cheers
V

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.