Tulipmania 1637» Forums » General

Subject: Why can't this game be played with 2 players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've watched Scott's review, and it doesn't seem like there's any mechanic in the game that would prevent it from being played in 2 players. Am I missing something? Has anyone tried it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve E.
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If there's only one other person to buy the tulip you're selling each turn the game would get boring pretty quickly...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nicholson
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this is one of those "just because you can doesn't mean you should" moments. I find the game is less engaging with fewer players, as it's the engagement between players (and manipulation therein) that's interesting. So, you probably could, but there are better 2-player experiences out there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
Really, this is one of the few games that should have started at "4-" instead of "3-".

Tried a couple 3-player games, but the game really needs more players to work.

[Others like that: Drakon (third edition), Medieval Merchant, In the Shadow of the Emperor]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.