Subject: Removing a chip from 6 long sequence; Can you choose which end? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Keck
United States
Yuma
Arizona
flag msg tools
Last night we had a big contradiction. Our team had a 4 chips in a row, a space, then another chip. We played on the empty space and therefore had 6 chips in a row and received a sequence. Now, on the next teams turn, one end of our sequence they needed to get one of their own, so they removed that one....Here lies the problem.

I said that they cannot designate which 5 chips make our sequence. Who has that choice/right? It wasn't declared that the 5 chips on the right end are our sequence, or the 5 on the left end, but when they went to remove that chip of the side they needed, I said that we want those 5 to be our sequence, so they can only remove the other end. Whats the rules on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sharon Brown
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
I thought you couldn't remove a chip that was in a sequence....
Also, If a chip is next to a free corner space, can it be removed by someone who gets a one-eyed Jack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Keck
United States
Yuma
Arizona
flag msg tools
You can't remove a chip from a sequence, but the problem is, once we played our chip, we had a 6 chip long sequence. Do we have to specify which end is the 5 of our sequence? Can the other team choose which end is or isn't? Because one of the end chips (6th chip) isn't part of the sequence therefore can be removed, but who decides which chip that is?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I forgot to check the rules last night but I am pretty certain that once you have a sequence, even if it 6 chips or longer, can't be broken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
or you can send an email to Jax and get a response back within a matter of minutes!!!

RE: JAX Ltd., Inc. Request Form, From: Cindy Levine wrote:

The team owning the sequence can declare which five chips make their sequence.

Thank you for contacting us. Please let me know if you have further questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Picioccio
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the interest of fairness, I suggest that they must declare it at the time that they create the six (or longer) length sequence, and cannot change it later. They don't get to choose when the other team makes a play they don't like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Retnug Nevetsr
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
We always have someone declare the 5 chips for the sequence. It just makes things easier going forward.

I do have a question though...we were playing the other night and someone got a sequence on one side of the board. There were only 4 spots left on the rest of that line. They filled the remaining 4 spots and delcared that a 2nd sequence since they could 'share' the one chip in between the two sequences.

One chip can be used in a two sequences when the intersect - but in a straight line?

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiliam Walker
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
We put a chip on top of each end of a 5 chip sequence to designate the sequence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
Jordan
Madaba-Manja
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stevenalwayswins wrote:
We always have someone declare the 5 chips for the sequence. It just makes things easier going forward.

I do have a question though...we were playing the other night and someone got a sequence on one side of the board. There were only 4 spots left on the rest of that line. They filled the remaining 4 spots and delcared that a 2nd sequence since they could 'share' the one chip in between the two sequences.

One chip can be used in a two sequences when the intersect - but in a straight line?

Thoughts?

I say that this would score two sequences. Why does it work if they are in different directions but not a straight line?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KC Skedzielewski
United States
Augusta TWP
Michigan
flag msg tools
Who has two thumbs and likes Tacos....?
badge
...This Guy!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
we always played that you just marked it as a 6 piece sequence, and flipped all 6 of the tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.