Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Booker Hooker
United States
Kingsport
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a series of questions here that I'll be applying to the games that I review on BGG. After the questions I'll mention some random thoughts. This review will not summarize the rules.

As of this posting Sorry Sliders is ranked #485 with an average user rating of 6.75

Do you regret buying the game at all?
No, I don't think I regret it. Not sure if I got my money's worth out of it, but I did have fun with it.

Where did you buy the game?
Toys'R'Us.

Was it worth the price that you paid?
I paid $20. It's worth at least $15

How many times have you played the game?
I've played 14 games

What ages have you played the game with?
Youngest was 8, oldest was mid 50's. The kids loved it.

What numbers of players have you played the game with?
1-4 (not fun solo)

Does replayability diminish after several plays?
No, I don't think so

If you lost your copy would you replace it?
I recently put this game up for auction and now I'm kinda regretting it. So I'm not sure how to answer the question. I guess I wanted a dexterity game that was a little better but Tumblin Dice didn't turn out to be as much fun as I thought. I'll keep searching but I wouldn't rule out Sorry Sliders returning to my collection at some point.

Would you recommend the game?
I'd recommend it for those looking for a good family dexterity game. Would also probably be fun for those who like beer.

Disappointments upon opening the box?
None. The components, especially the sliders are good quality.

Opinions on the artwork?
The boards are nothing spectacular, but they don't really need to be. I do really dig the artwork on the cover of the box though.

Opinions on the components?
Pawns and sliders look very cool with their translucent plastic. The only issue I had was that the slider tracks tended to dish a bit. That kinda bugged me.

Was the rulebook adequate?
Rulebook was fine.

What other games have you played by the same designer?
Craig Van Ness - I've also played HeroScape (He's designed some great games)

What other games have you played with similar mechanics?
The only other slider or flicking game I've played is Tumblin Dice. Both are fun games. Not sure if I prefer one over the other, though there is a huge price difference and Sorry Sliders is certainly more kid friendly (less math)

Do you feel the game dererves its current ranking?
Sometimes this question has an obvious answer but not so much this time, so I'll address its average rating (6.75) instead. I think that is a fair rating. I rated it a 7. It's better than 'ok' but not a 'very good game'. I wonder how much the Parker Bros tag on the box has hindered people from trying the game. I'd like to think that most people that have played it understand that is a simple game and won't begrudge it for doing what it's supposed to do.

Random Thoughts:
Not much else to say. The game is quick to set up, quick to play, and really is quite a bit of fun. It's less random than Tumblin Dice, but they're both fun games. I think I could probably spend more time in an evening playing Tumblin Dice than Sorry Sliders though. After 20-30 minutes of Sorry Sliders I'm ready to move on to something else. I think it is a great game to have in your collection (everyone should have a dexterity game), and unless I find something else that I like better (bisikle perhaps?) I'll get a copy of this again at some point.

One other thing I'd like to point out...
is one of my favorite microbadges on this site. Who ever designed it did a great job on it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Any game (except Fireball Island) in my collection is for sale. Please geekmail me with reasonable offers.
badge
Any game (except Fireball Island) in my collection is for sale. Please geekmail me with reasonable offers.
mbmbmbmbmb
You should try Tumblin' Sliders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do the sliders stay up pretty well on the Tumblin' Dice board? It would be a different twist on the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Gaudreau
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great review!

I enjoy Sorry Sliders, but would prefer owning Crokinole. I'd suggest giving that a try if you get a chance.

I was blown away by the Amazon ad that was at the top of this thread - $49.99 CAD http://www.amazon.ca/Parker-Brothers-Sorry-Sliders-Board/dp/...! Ridiculous! I got mine at Zellar's for $10 Canadian.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
K_I_T wrote:
You should try Tumblin' Sliders.

Are you serious? Or is this just a joke? The uniform spacing of the pawns, and the fact that they're all standing up makes me tend to think the latter. I second Garry Rice's question- how well does this actually work?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.