Popular Tags: [View All]
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Board to Death TV reviews Carcassonne.

They give it 9 out of 10 and summarize the game thusly.

What's Cool:
Random Board every time!
Strategic yet fast paced and fun for everyone.
Great map-like Artwork. (Perfect for feeling like you're a king, watching over your kingdoms.)
Award Winner for all the right reasons. (Won many awards.)
Easy to follow rule book. (Lots of examples too.)
Game has thieves, knights, monks, farmers, and castles.
Now comes with the river expansion included.

What's Not:
Nothing! This game is one of the best we've played so far.
It would be good to see better artwork, more realistic art would be nice.

Neutral Information:
A lot of expansions exist for this game.

P.S. I have permission to post the Board to Death reviews at this site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasta Batman
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Nice review - good to see Carc get some of the love it deserves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Martin
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, i just don't get the hype about this game. The luck drives me CRAZY!!! It's impossible to plan as I never seem to draw the tiles and the socring is tricky to explain to first-time players. Oh well, to each his own..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

I can now safely disregard anything these people review from this point forward. I gave this a thumb for that service alone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
UndeadViking wrote:
Quote:

I can now safely disregard anything these people review from this point forward. I gave this a thumb for that service alone.

Lance, this was one of their first reviews, but to each their own... I'm fine with them liking family and party games, it doesn't affect me in any way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filipe Cunha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yokiboy wrote:
UndeadViking wrote:
Quote:

Lance, this was one of their first reviews, but to each their own... I'm fine with them liking family and party games, it doesn't affect me in any way.

It doesn't affect me either, but if you think about it, a group of reviewers called "Board to Death" is supposed to imply a group of hardcore gamers, or at least having tastes in all kinds and genres.
From what I've seen so far, they usually like the lighter ones and really hate brainburners (Neuland is a proof of that... they didn't get what the game meant to be).

Anyway, my major qualm with them is the fact that they like or dislike the games based on sheer feeling at the time. It doesn't have a standardized "measure", it seems more based on the reviewer's mood at the time than anything else...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
Yokiboy wrote:
UndeadViking wrote:
Quote:

Well let me put it this way, they gave Carcassonne a 9 and Arkham Horror, a 7.5.

It is clear that they and I are on two different worlds when it comes to what they like to play, and thus, their reviews are not a good fit for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasta Batman
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
e9martin wrote:
Man, i just don't get the hype about this game. The luck drives me CRAZY!!! It's impossible to plan as I never seem to draw the tiles and the socring is tricky to explain to first-time players. Oh well, to each his own..

Hype? I'm regularly seeing the game disparaged, with much the same sentiment you've expressed here. Personally, I don't see luck as being too significant. Over the course of a game it evens out, and the better player will usually win, Try playing a few games on BSW to experience how truly competitive Carcassonne can be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam K
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't help it, but when anyone releases a review 2010, sounding like he has found the game of the year, and it appears to be Carcassonne, I cannot possibly see him as a serious gamer.

Of course the game is popular, and for that it deserves a high rating. However, they never mentioned anything about popularity. I really really hope this video was made years ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
LupusX wrote:
I really really hope this video was made years ago.

It was first published on their web site mid-2009, but only recently shared on YouTube.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.