$10.00
David G.
United States
Moorpark
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played this three times, and the last time, just the other day, I tried it with KT's new official rules. However, it's still not a game where we find we're sharing each other's oases. Do other players find this?

Part of the issue is the cost of "zipping" through the desert. Water cubes are precious, and spending two in order to jump on someone else's claim doesn't seem worth it.

I've questioned if one way to help this is to add an Entdecker spin to it: if ever there's a time when the only tile that may be fit into an area is a desert piece, then "put in" a desert piece. Now, for Entdecker that's easier because they give you extra pieces. You'd have to "just know" they were there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brichs
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
When we play, we almost can't get an oasis for ourselves. Maybe it's because we intentionally play that way? At least, it's the most fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Am I a man or am I a muppet? If I'm a muppet then I'm a very manly muppet!
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to chase each other ON PURPOSE... and/or work together to build big areas.

Each player doing his own thing in both of the IM REICH games means they're a complete crapshoot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
We jump into other people's stuff because we found there usually is a path you can trace to get in on it. We also do it to leach water out of each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.