Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Miller
Australia
Upwey
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up this game recently and the missus and I decided to give it a go - well I thought we should give it a go. After numerous reads of the rules and then some explanation to the other. we set about going head to head. OK strike one we didn't remove the required 30 cards for the deck for the 2 player game. However it didn't seem to make much difference.

We each started by dropping a leader on a card and following it up with a civilization card that allowed us to grab a victory point from our hand. This went on for some time and I was beginning to wonder if there was any strategy in the game.

We moved our leaders around and at last ended up with an internal conflict - 2 priests at logger heads. luckily I had a good hand of red card and was able to win the conflict.

We moved on without any conflict for a while and then the missus decided to join a kingdom and that resulted in an external conflict. I had sort of omitted the different rules of engagement on this conflict (purely as I didn't want to over burden her with information for the first game - I was only thinking of her!) Oops conflict at the table as she was all fired up with red cards ready to give me a hammering. As it turned out I still got whacked.

We continued on with a couple more conflicts and at one stage she asked me about the Catastrophe card - damn another sort of omission as were the ships - Fair dinkum I was only trying to go easy on her.

We reached a sort of truce where we decided to leave these out for the first game.

A couple more conflicts, internal and external and we reached the end of the draw pile.

We counted our cards and I ended with a score of 9 while she ended with a score of 7.

Will I be able to get another game - not sure time will tell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana More
United States
Garden Grove
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I have played this several times. I think it is a very good game for two, but she doesn't like the direct conflict. She tries to build a little point-producing engine, while I plot to tear it down with a conflict. This upsets her.

Take out the 30 cards for a shorter game. It will finish in 30 minutes easily with the extra cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.