Popular Tags: [View All]
Mary Weisbeck
United States
Black Hawk
South Dakota
flag msg tools
"Blow up the damned ship, Jean-Luc!"
mbmbmbmbmb
My daughter and I played a game of Flowerpower tonight and about half way through it, I was convinced that she was going to beat me by a considerable amount. Through a combination of poor planning and bad luck I had several singles and too many holes while Cori's side looked much more cohesive and had very few singles.

We were both surprised to find we were tied. This was our second time that we had tied and we really didn't care for the tie breaking rules the first time, declaring the game a tie rather than go through the trouble of checking for biggest area, second biggest area, etc.

This time we decided that a better tie breaker was the person with the fewest empty spaces wins. It's easier to determine and seems a better gauge of who managed their draws best. Unfortunately, that meant she won. Not that it matters, I love this game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-matt s.
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/blog/22
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's usually pretty easy to determine largest areas - if you are tracking points on a score sheet from the files section, just look at the largest numbers then re-count the size of those areas and work down from there. It's usually fairly obvious from that.

Although, your idea of holes is an interesting one as well, but if you think about it, holes aren't necessarily a bad thing if you've placed the flowers into better/more groups of flowers (such as is the case here as you had the same score, so technically you could say YOU were more efficient). On the other hand, careful placement of weeds might cause more holes, thus strategically you've managed the other player's side better for the tie....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.