Arnhem
Gelderland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Xeenu wrote:
Mr Mjeh wrote:
Xeenu wrote:
Sorry if I wasnt clearly enough before. Starting point is my gaming collection. There are no fnds available to buy new games. But thx a lot to everybodies comments. Its a pleasure to see so many helping hands here.

Auf Achse maybe? I don't know it, so... cry

But you simply have too few games - and some kid's games too - get more games steal them if you have to!

Or better yet, get these needy people to chip in and voila, you can get some of the game myself or Suryoyo recommended!

My mother always tells me I have way too many games! Dont tell her she does know only about half of the collection...

Why does she tell you this? It's pretty strange, I should say. Some people have lots of books, some lots of video games, and others lots of DVDs - surely board games are great for harmless social activities?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas
Germany
Nagold
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am thinking about using something like magnetic laquer or magnetic foil. Problem is if You look at a gameboard of any game (e.g. Hoity Toity, could be Top secret Spies as well...) the pawns must stand on their own. A magnetic foil is non-transparent white or black, so one must first dismember the board, glue on the foil and then reglue the painted gameboard. Then pawns could be glued with magnets. Problem is how to dismember and then reassemble a board so it doesnt look like a kindergarten project. And 2nd problem is how to visualize the board. Hm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BT Carpenter
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Xeenu wrote:
I am thinking about using something like magnetic laquer or magnetic foil. Problem is if You look at a gameboard of any game (e.g. Hoity Toity, could be Top secret Spies as well...) the pawns must stand on their own. A magnetic foil is non-transparent white or black, so one must first dismember the board, glue on the foil and then reglue the painted gameboard. Then pawns could be glued with magnets. Problem is how to dismember and then reassemble a board so it doesnt look like a kindergarten project. And 2nd problem is how to visualize the board. Hm.

Color copy the board, mount it yourself. Doesn't destroy the board and lets you put what ever you want under the graphics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas
Germany
Nagold
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For anyone reading this list after a long time: The project gaming with blind persons is on hold. The blind whom I know are no boardgame freaks so interest is not there. I started a new project: Gaming with mentally handicapped persons. For this I do host a gaming evening each Thursday in a home for mentally handicapped persons. They can see, thats not the problem. Though most cannot read or dont know numbers well or cannot count or just have trouble understanding something. Anyone who has small children might have gotten into similar challenges. Mentally handicapped persons are not children of course, but due to their handicap their brain does not provide them with all the function others have. They are human beings as well and can and do enjoy boardgames, if they are properly presented and chosen for them. I encourage everybody to visit my geeklist "gaming with handicapped persons".

And a request to my fellow gamers: Most of us are avid lovers of board games and board gaming and have quite a collection. Why not volunteer to host a board game event for people that are not so lucky. Elderly, people in a hospital, orphans, handicapped people... Spread board gaming happiness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.