Ok, which event card is your favorite and why? Rate these cards 1 to 7 with 1 being your favorite. We want to know about your impressions of the playability of each card! Tell us your stories about surprising your opponents with event cards.
Tell us about how you took a elephant block at a key point in the game or other cool events!
...Tell us about how you took a elephant block at a key point in the game or other cool events!
A line of wee Roman soldiers are looking nervously at the horizon when the first of a group of elephants charge over it.
The wee sodjer says to the Centurian, "How do you stop an elephant?" The Centurion replies, "At 300 yards, the balistas will open up and that should do the trick." "What happens if it doesn't?" "At 100 yards the archers will open up and that should do the trick." "What happens if it doesn't?" "At 30 yards you will throw your pila and that should do the trick." "What happens if it doesn't?" "At 10 yards you will throw a lump of shite and try to hit them in the eyes." "Where will we get the shite from?" "Don't worry, son, if they get that close there will be plenty of it."
1. My favorite Card is "Mercury"! I like the opportunity to move long distances quickly and surprise my opponent. Because you plan your card play like a chess game having an opportunity to move quickly is very important.
2. Jupiter is my second favorite card. I can not tell you how many times it has saved me from total disaster. Being able to convert a block to your side is very powerful but being able to do that when your opponent wasn't planning on it is priceless!
3. The Mars Card is my 3rd favorite card! I learned early on that a even battle is not where you want to use this card. You need to set it up so you are against a lesser force like your 4 blocks vs. 3 or 2 blocks. I wouldn't use it if you have 4 blocks and your opponent has just 1 block. You rate to kill the block without the extra power.
4. Apollo is a card not to be under rated. Being able to copy a card exactly can come in handy. The question is do you use it early or do you wait until the end to get the best effect. Remember you can’t use it on turn 1 because you don’t know what card your opponent will be playing. This card is a feast or famine in my opinion. There are many times where I have waited for the 3/2 or better card and ended up with a 1/2 or no event came out to copy. Then there are times when a Vulcan card has been used and I get to respond to it on the very next turn.
5. Vulcan is a card that can kill units out right if they are damaged. I have killed leaders with this card on more than one occasion. The down side is that you go first and your opponent can rebuild a portion of the damage done if he so desires. On the other hand being able to hit a stack of blocks with a card that does 1 point of damage to all in the stack is very cool.
6. Pluto is a card that can be used to great effect if you need more troops to push through a choke point. The down side is that you can come up the road better but on retreat you are back down to your original road limits. Don’t take me wrong.I think in the right place at the right time this card is just excellent. It has limited uses so it isn’t going to be high on my list. Lastly it does let you go first! That can be very important.
7. Neptune is a card that can win you a sea or land battle as it allows you to fire first. The down side is it is like a Mars card but on the sea. You must plan well to not lose your fleet while using this card!
I would like to hear what you think about our cards. Thanks!
Please forgive my earlier off-topic post but whenever someone mentions elephants, that wee story springs to mind.
Now, I always buy from a bricks and mortar store in Glasgow so I promise you that I shall answer this properly when they get the thing in stock. You will see from my profile that I have a considerable collection of Columbia's games.