Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jameus Hutchens
United States
Spokane
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So is anyone up for trying some other place out? I know northern lights was mentioned prior. I know the Service Station up on the north side is open late and has some decent tables. Or do we want try the Coffee Social one more time? Let me know if there is any interest. I am open for other location and suggestions as well. Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Ahern
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Checking out the Service Stations site they look like a good fit. Who wants to contact them? I'd do it but I probably won't be able to spearhead any sort of game night until September.

Other places that came to mind are the local community colleges, both of them seem to have some sort of a game club. I contacted the SFCC faculty liaison to see if they're still active but she was out of the office until late August. Does a game night at a the Falls sound good?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Ahern
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
etubbs wrote:
Coffee social was fine although likely not the place for an ongoing meeting, mostly because they close too early to really be a viable solution.
Merlyn's may work. They have tables and are game friendly, but again they close a bit early (9pm). I'm thinking we need a place that will be open until at least 10pm.
Sean, any chance you would be willing to message the Boards&Bits guys to see if they know of any space that might work?
Once the summer winds down and I am a little less busy on the weekends I can spend a bit more time trying to find a place. Hopefully we come up with something sooner.
The search continues.

I know that Tom is pretty busy right now and I last I messaged him he said he was subscribed to this thread so hopefully he saw the post and will respond. If not, I'll poke him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Ahern
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got off the phone with the Service Station and they sound like they might be a good fit, even if I as a South Hiller am not thrilled with the north side location.

Hours are 6am-10pm on the weekdays and the woman I spoke to said they are usually pretty slow in the evenings, often have people playing board games there, and their tables site four each but can easily be put together.

As I said, my schedule is unpredictable until September, so I'll leave it to someone else (Eric, Jeff, or Jameus?) to pick a time and a date. If you pick Thursday at 6:30pm I'll try to stop by for a visit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Worley
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
I would be up for a Thursday evening game night; maybe start between 6-7 pm?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Tubbs
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thursday at six or so should work for me. I will clear it with my wife and see if any of the guys I game with regularly might be interested too and get back to you all. Thanks for getting the info Sean.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Ahern
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone should probably double check with them to make sure Thursday at 6pm is good. Like I said, she said they're pretty quite in the evenings but maybe she meant from 8-10pm. Or maybe they have some sort of live music or German club going on. I nominate Jeff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Worley
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Does that mean an increase in the likelihood of Kielbasa? I'll give them a ring once I'm out of my next meeting and find out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Garrod
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
I am interested in meeting up for some games on Thursday nights. This Thursday it out for me though.

Sometime in September B&B should have some space ready to go for hosting regular game nights with essentially no cut off time. We will have more news on this in the future. :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jameus Hutchens
United States
Spokane
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also down for Thursday at 6:30. I'll come with some games in tow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Tubbs
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thursday at 6:30 will do just fine. A friend of mine will be coming too.
Game ideas? I'm open for pretty much anything as long as somebody knows the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Meduna

Spokane
WA
msg tools
mbmb
I've been looking for a group to play board games with, and would enjoy setting something up. If you could use another person send me a message.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boards & Bits
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BookandGame wrote:
Someone should probably double check with them to make sure Thursday at 6pm is good. Like I said, she said they're pretty quite in the evenings but maybe she meant from 8-10pm. Or maybe they have some sort of live music or German club going on. I nominate Jeff.

Sean, did anyone ever check back? I may be interested in coming by as well, but it's a long way to go if it doesn't work out.

Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Tubbs
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just spoke with a woman at The Service Station and she said we should be "just fine" as far as having space to play tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Ahern
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
etubbs wrote:
I just spoke with a woman at The Service Station and she said we should be "just fine" as far as having space to play tonight.

Thanks Eric,

I think I'll be able to make it but I'll have my 3 year old in tow (babysitting in-laws are on the other side of the country this week). He's pretty quiet and if he starts to be troublesome, we'll just head home. I won't be staying too late obviously.

I was planning on bringing games like Tobago, TtR:Europe, and maybe Ghost Stories. Hour or so long, nothing too complicated, look pretty.

- Sean

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boards & Bits
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
etubbs wrote:

Great, thanks!

I've never been to this place. Could someone please post the address?

Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(ʇllıʍ)
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its sounding good, but I am booked tonight. I will definitely try to catch the next one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Ahern
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardsAndBits wrote:
etubbs wrote:

Great, thanks!

I've never been to this place. Could someone please post the address?

Tom

Here's their address from the website.

How many people are we expecting?

Me (for only a few hours)
Jeff
Eric
Eric's Friend
Tom
Fafa (maybe?)
Jameus

I emailed a couple of guys I know from SpoCon and one responded only with "Thanks" so I don't know if that means he's coming or not.

Anyways, I'd suggest games that work well with 3, 4, or 5. Helpful, no?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Ahern
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

I had a good time despite arriving late and leaving early. With my in-laws back in town, I should be able to attend the next one without the little one.

Any plans?

- Sean
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(ʇllıʍ)
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been wondering how it went last week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jameus Hutchens
United States
Spokane
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It went really well. There was seven of us that showed up. We were able to get a game of Power Boats, Carson City, and Thurn and Taxis played. (I think that was all we got to.) It was a good group and at least I can say that I had a lot of fun. I would definitely be up for meeting again. I believe that I'm already booked this week, but I would be up for something next week. (I just have to get approval from the wife.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Tubbs
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Next week should work fine for me too. I should be able to do twice a month or so pretty consistently. It might be fun to do the occasional weekend epic session every now and again too. Should we shoot for same place and time? I'm open to whatever works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boards & Bits
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was a lot of fun, and a great group of people!

I'm not around this week either, but the next week should be OK for me as well.

Same place is fine for now, though it's quite a drive for me, and the tables are a bit small and awkward. But we can certainly make it work.

Tom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jameus Hutchens
United States
Spokane
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So does next Wednesday (9/1/2010) work for everyone? We could meet at the Service Station at 6:30 again.I am also open to other suggestions if anyone wants to throw anything out there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Tubbs
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This Wed. 9/1 at 6:30 at the Service Station works fine for me. I'll try to recruit a couple others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [24] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.