Popular Tags: [View All]
Deb Wentworth
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi -

I just bought NWNZ, and I'm going to play it without having the base game. I has Keltis: Das Orakel, so I can use the card deck from that,

I have a question about the number of figures used with the game. From the rules (which assume you have Keltis and know how it's played) it sounds like you have 4 figures - one large and 3 small. Is this correct?

In das Orakel, there are only 3 figures per person, so I guess I need to either just play with 3 (would that alter the game a lot?) or find some other way to augment the game to provide a larger 4th figure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olav Fakkeldij
Netherlands
Beverwijk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In Keltis you have one large and 4 small pawns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Molnar
Hungary
Budapest
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or you need Lost Cities: The Board game and use the explorer figures But of course that won't look that nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deb Wentworth
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, thanks for the reply. So I need 5 figures for each person - glad I asked.

It sounds like the fact that one of the figures is larger doesn't matter too much to the rules of Neue Wege, so I think I'll just locate 5 x 4 different colors of meeples.

Thanks for the reply - Deb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Molnar
Hungary
Budapest
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
debwentworth wrote:
It sounds like the fact that one of the figures is larger doesn't matter too much to the rules of Neue Wege

It does really matter. E.g. if you start soon enough, you can be almost sure you can take your double figure to the end, scoring an extra 10 points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yegor Sadoshenko
Ukraine
Dniepropetrovsk
Dniepropetrovsk region
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
debwentworth wrote:

It sounds like the fact that one of the figures is larger doesn't matter too much to the rules of Neue Wege, so I think I'll just locate 5 x 4 different colors of meeples.

Actually, it matters in Neue Wege as well. Just like in basic Keltis, here the large figure scores double (including the negative). So you do have to differentiate it somehow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deb Wentworth
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, thanks. I'll think of a way to come up with a set of pieces that include 1 large and 4 small per color.

Maybe I"ll upgrade my Agricola to use vegimeeples, then use the disks as markers for Neue Wege. I could glue multiple ones together to make the large marker.

Not pretty, I know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Carcassonne meeples! Using the big meeple from I&C expansion...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.