Popular Tags: [View All]
Inka van Helvoirt
Netherlands
Vlijmen
Noord brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello all,

My question is about rotating the ice tile. I was playing it with my BF last night.

When it was my turn, and i descided to rotate a tile (i had a pion on it, so had my BF). Can my BF turn the SAME tile back on his turn?

I think that wouldn't be fair, cus if i wanne keep him from entering alaska by turning the tile, he can just turn it back in his turn.

So we were wondering if this is allowed of if you must wait a turn before you can rotate the tile back.

This is not about turning the tile futher, but only about turning it back, (undo your opponents rotation)

I hope any one can help me with his.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olav Fakkeldij
Netherlands
Beverwijk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it is allowed. It can give some status quo but most of the time not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing in the rules about reversing the previous ice floe action so no reason why you can't do this. As you say, since they can do their explorer and ice floe actions in any order, chances are that you can't use this to prevent someone getting where they want to go for very long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inka van Helvoirt
Netherlands
Vlijmen
Noord brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanxs for the answers.

The fact was that it happend twice. (in 2 different games tho)
My Bf was on the same tile as i and he was about to enter his last pion into alaska. So i wanted to prevent that by turning the tile cus he didn't have any rope to use.
It just didn't feel right when he just rotated the tile back in his turn to win the game!! (AAAAAAAAAAA) He agreed with me over this cus i couldnt prevent him from entering.

The same situation occurred in the next game. (lol) Maybe its was just coincidence that it happened twice. (or maybe the chance that it happens is bigger in a 2 player game?) But maybe if it happens again, we just gonna make a variant where we agree on not turning back tiles in the next turn of the opponent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Kikola
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Inkydinky wrote:

It just didn't feel right when he just rotated the tile back in his turn to win the game!! (AAAAAAAAAAA)

This is valid, and it was your mistake for not anticipating that move. But it isn't a complete waste, because you still effectively force your opponent to waste his tile action on reorienting the floe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you couldn't reverse the last ice floe move, wouldn't there be deadlocked situations where two players on the same floe just keep turning it to prevent the other winning? I haven't thought this through completely, but I'm pretty sure this is right - with reversal allowed, the game doesn't reach unresolvable deadlocks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inka van Helvoirt
Netherlands
Vlijmen
Noord brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I guess you right here, the only thing he could do if he couldn't rotate the tile back is making the situation worse for himself.
So he would be stuck on an empty tile with no items on it and no rope in his pack...robot
Hmm.. we didn't thought about that

Maybe we just have to try it again and thinks this over.
We will just see if it happens again what we could have done to prevent this and what we can do to keep the game going. Maybe turning back is just the right thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.