Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Phase 10» Forums » Variants

Subject: How to play regular Phase 10 Game if you have Phase 10 Masters Edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Boyle
United States
Belzoni
Mississippi
flag msg tools
I went to Wal-Mart in Greenwood, MS (where my mom is undergoing treatment for liver, lung, and bone cancer-keep her in your thoughts and prayers) and while picking up her items, I tried to find a regular Phase 10 card game to replace my sister's still good but well worn 1982 version (one of the red 1 cards is dog-earred). They didn't have that game but they had Phase 10 Masters Edition, which I purchased.

I was happy about the game until I opened it and found out the Masters Edition had only 2 SKIP cards while regular Phase 10 had 4 SKIP Cards. Yet, in the old saying when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade (or if you can't make chicken salad out of chicken feathers or the other substance [I can't say what it is because this is a family website] but you can still use chicken necks and backs), I used 2 of the 6 Phase list cards (you kind of wonder, it's a four player game but there are 6 phase list cards-go figure) to make SKIP cards with. You can either mark them or designate them. That way you can choose to play Masters edition with 2 or 4 SKIP Cards.laugh

I wish Fundex would add 2 more SKIP Cards to the Masters Edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Los 28
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

MisterJB wrote:
... you kind of wonder, it's a four player game but there are 6 phase list cards-go figure.

My Phase 10 card game says 2 to 6 players, not 2 to 4 players.
Are you sure your game only says "up to 4 players?"

PS: I know its been almost two years since your post, but I hope your mom is doing well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Boyle
United States
Belzoni
Mississippi
flag msg tools
I know it's been nearly 2 years since my last post.

For my Mother, sadly, she lost her battle to cancer and mesothelioma on Septmeber 6, 2012. I miss her everyday, especially on Mother's Day, her birthday (August 1, 1937), the anniversary of her passing, Easter, and Christmas. However, she fought the disease valiantly to the end.

As for the box for Phase 10 Masters Edition, my box may have said 4 players but it may be for 6, I'm not sure. I'll have to go look.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.