$10.00
Jeremy Salinas
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
Drakkenstrike's Components Breakdown Video Review Series in HD
mbmbmbmbmb
I will keep this short and brief, because my wife and I are so completely exhausted and tired from standing in long lines all day. Before we list our games purchased, we wanted to personally thank all the vendors who made today special, we would not be envious of any of their jobs for trying to keep these crowds/mobs managable while maintaining any sense of order that was possible when hundreds of people descend upon you all at once. We can understand people's frustrations when they had to wait in such long lines, but being down this road before, we knew that it was just another part of being an early adopter of day one release games, especially for people who enjoy this industry as much as we do.

So thank you FFG, Flying Frog Productions, Gary Games, and Petroglyph for each giving my wife and I such wonderful impressions during this first day of the Convention. Also thank you to our friends Phil and Anna whom likewise waited patiently with us in long lines that they didn't need to endure but did so anyways !!!

Here's the list:

9:00 Purchases
- City of Thieves
- City of Thieves Painted Miniatures Set A
- City of Thieves Painted Miniatures Set B
- City of Thieves Duke of Cadwallon Painted Miniature (Free Giveaway)
- Heroes of Graxia
- Ascension (Bought the 1st game ever sold, signed Copy with picture of developer)
- Ascension Box with Sleeves and Storage
Warhammer Invasion: March of the Damned
- Space Hulk Death Angel
- Dungeon Crawler

2:00 Purchases
- Constantinopolis
- Dungeon Quest

4:00 Purchases
- Dust Tactics Deluxe (Bought 1st game ever sold, signed Copy with picture with Developer) - I believe only 21 were brought to GenCon, only 50 in existence right now !!

5:30 Purchases
- Invasion from Outer Space (Only 8 were brought to GenCon, you had to preorder to be in a nightly raffle to win 1 of these 8. I won first night !! I love FFP Games, so excited !! Signed by Jason Hill and had photo with him and cast....will be posted on FFP I think).

Also, we sat down with Corey K from FFG to play LOTR LCG, we loved it. We so wished this was released already !!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmb
Looks like a nice haul!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Dew
United States
Savannah
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AWESOME!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bobek
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you going to play any games? Look for me in the minis area. Friday is Beau Geste, Saturday is Napoleonics and Vietnam. I meta BGG'er Bill Webb.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxfield Stewart
United States
Pacifica
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dust Tactics Deluxe... surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Boyll
United States
Kuna
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did FFG have a release date for Dungeon Quest. I've been leaning toward Dungeons & Dragons: Castle Ravenloft Board Game because it comes out this month and DQ was sounding like it was not going to be'till the end of Sept at the earliest. But if they are selling them at Gen Con, are they farther along than I thought?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Salinas
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
Drakkenstrike's Components Breakdown Video Review Series in HD
mbmbmbmbmb
Dungeon Quest is this month I believe. Castle Ravenloft is NOT at GenCon...pushed to August 30th.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony DuLac
United States
Blaine
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, for me, WotC was an utter fail this year as far as products and having early copies of stuff. Disappointing. I'd give them like a D+...makes me miss TSR, in that regard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drakkenstrike wrote:
9:00 Purchases
- City of Thieves
- City of Thieves Painted Miniatures Set A
- City of Thieves Painted Miniatures Set B
- City of Thieves Duke of Cadwallon Painted Miniature (Free Giveaway)
- Heroes of Graxia
- Ascension (Bought the 1st game ever sold, signed Copy with picture of developer)
- Ascension Box with Sleeves and Storage
Warhammer Invasion: March of the Damned
- Space Hulk Death Angel
- Dungeon Crawler

2:00 Purchases
- Constantinopolis
- Dungeon Quest

4:00 Purchases
- Dust Tactics Deluxe (Bought 1st game ever sold, signed Copy with picture with Developer) - I believe only 21 were brought to GenCon, only 50 in existence right now !!

5:30 Purchases
- Invasion from Outer Space (Only 8 were brought to GenCon, you had to preorder to be in a nightly raffle to win 1 of these 8. I won first night !! I love FFP Games, so excited !! Signed by Jason Hill and had photo with him and cast....will be posted on FFP I think).

Also, we sat down with Corey K from FFG to play LOTR LCG, we loved it. We so wished this was released already !!!

Totally and absolutely GREEN with envy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Karvonen
Finland
Tampere
Tampere
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guys at Fantasy Flight Games must like you very much!

Not that I wouldn't like most of that pile, too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board games addict
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to hear your impressions of both Heroes of Graxia and DungeonQuest if you get a chance in the near future. I'm very interested in both of these games.

Looks like Christmas came early for you this year!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Price
Guernsey
St Sampsons
Channel Islands
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gregoriou
United States
West Bend
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Nice pick up, in particular the painted CoTs minis. Those are highly sought after.

I hate to be that guy, but those are those minis are the type of thing that you buy a couple of, then sell on eBay a year later for twice the cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chapel
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
Exit...pursued by a bear.
mb
Drakkenstrike wrote:
..bunch of cool stuff...

I like totally hate you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Talarius Dunedain
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Hellboy!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow.

I haven't been to GenCon since 2004. I had a great time, but haven't felt a strong pull to go back until this year. You've picked up a Monty haul of awesome. I'm definitely envious too.

Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Libby
United States
Middletown
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drakkenstrike wrote:
Castle Ravenloft is NOT at GenCon...pushed to August 30th.

What a missed opportunity! shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bobek
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You missed seeing John Bannerman and his company's (Diffraction Entertainment) MONSTER WWII game, Blitzkrieg. the map is HUGE, highly detailed and accurate, 4000 plus counters. Smaller sections of the map are playable as mini campaigns (that 's the part I really like, I would never have room to set up the whole map in my house!) I will post some photos when I'm home and recovered from the gaming circus that is GenCon!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nan-Chang Chiu
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am sooooo jealous

and where is Dominion Prosperity!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.