Arkham Horror» Forums » General

Subject: Elder Gods/Investigator Sleeves rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Glen Hubbard
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
I finally got my own copy of Arkham Horror, Black Goat, and Lurker xp last month, and now I am frantically searching for sleeves for the Investigator and Elder God cards. I have everything else sleeved, but I am having difficulty finding the proper card sleeves for these and the heralds.

What I am primarily asking for in this post is if anyone has tried using the "Ultra Pro 5x7 Soft Sleeves" for this? They are available via Amazon, cheap with expensive shipping added.

They look like they might do the trick, but I don't want to buy them and have them be just a few millimeters too small. If you have found something else please post here.

Also, has anyone found a decent sized sleeve for the heralds? If so, please provide product info and where I can buy them.

I really wish FFG would offer these products officially. That and some really nice card draw box that can accomodate a large number of sleeved cards. (both mini and standard.) I'd pay top dollar for a large mini card draw box I can use with my Talisman adventure deck when sleeved and combined with expansions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Glenshaw
Pa
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
I am also looking for sleeves for the AH Investigator and Elder God cards.

Also looking for sleeves for descent hero cards if anyone knows those either....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Hubbard
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
I just wanted to clarify: I am looking for sleeves for the large 5X7inch Investigator and Ancent Ones Sheets, NOT the dealable cards. The card sleeves that FFG suggest and (intermittently) supply work great, but I want to protect my large sheets as well.

Similarly, I think the herald cards are 4 1/2 X 6 3/4 inch in size.
(Why they chose such an odd size is beyond me!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob T
United States
Mantua (near Woodbury)
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could try self-laminating sheets to protect them, if the card sleeves don't work. Could get expensive though....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corey shannon
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I have just started playing and ran into the same issue.

I used Duck Tape Laminating sheets to do mine, they take a bit of time but turned out wonderful. You can buy this at walmart for about 6 dollars. One roll covered all the original investigators and AOs.

You'll want an exacto knife or sharp(!) scissors to cut away the excess laminate.

Hope this helps!

*Should also note I wish this was less time consuming to do since it would be much much cheaper than buying sleeves for all the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Hubbard
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
LOL! OMG! According to your link they have been discontinued! I finally found someone to answer the darn question and the sheet sleeves are dicontinued!

Anyway I have Ultra Pro 5x7 sleeves on order. They are Not the hard top loaders you pictured, instead they are a more flimsy sleeve similar to a comic book bag. They list for about $6 per 100. I will post if they work out, should be soon. (Hopefully this week.)

Thanks to everyone for their posts. I want to post a definitive answer to this question once and for all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Glenshaw
Pa
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Please do!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Carlos Goyes
Colombia
Bogota
Cundinamarca
flag msg tools
It’s true hard work never killed anyone, but I figure, why take the chance? - Ronald Reagan
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here, please do post to see if the sleeves worked out.

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Hubbard
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
YES! After waiting an agonizing four weeks for my supplier to get them in stock, I have found inexpensive sleeves that work for Investigators/Elder Gods. The "Ultra Pro 5" x 7" Soft (Sleeves (100)" (Stock #82320 AW1600) Fit and work just fine. They are not firm like the card sleeves that FFG sells, they are softer and on the order of Comic book bags. However they fit good (could be a little more snug, but I am NOT complaining.) and they are CHEAP! You can get 100 for as little as $3.50 from Amazon.

Since they are from Ultra Pro most game stores should be able to order them. (My source took a long time to ge them, but he got them.) Now I just need to find Herald Sleeves...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Carlos Goyes
Colombia
Bogota
Cundinamarca
flag msg tools
It’s true hard work never killed anyone, but I figure, why take the chance? - Ronald Reagan
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Glen!!

Thanks for sharing this!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ninian Hawk
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
I'm curious if the only reason why you suggest the archival print protectors is solely because of the thickness. I wanted to get some protectors but I prefer buying things in person so I can see the actual product before I buy it and I don't think any stores around here would sell the archival protectors. How thick would a stack of 25 of the ultra pro be compared to the other?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Hubbard
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
The only thing I have to compare it to in my reality is comic book bags. These protectors are much thinner than standard Comic Book bags. The stack of 100 is about 15mm in height. So 25 (without cards) is about 4-5mm? They are quite thin and not firm like Card protectors at all. Does this help?

They fit just about perfectly, with just enough overlap. I talked with my local game store and they said they would have difficulty getting them, as they are picture/oversized card protectoprs, and meant more for a photo/hobby store. Luckily my local comic book store had a source and ordered them for me.

The harder card protecotr that has its picture posted here is probably about 2 mm in height. I have seen similar used for baseball cards. 25 of those would be about 5cm in height.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eldar Closer
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ultra Pro 5" x 7" Soft (Sleeves (100)" (Stock #82320 AW1600)

Could someone sell me a set, 25-50 or 100?

Can PayPal.

Amazon will not deliver these to my address.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.