Popular Tags: [View All]
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Edit:

We are now meeting at 4 Color Fantasies!

The store is on the northeast corner of the Archibald/Foothill intersection.

We are meeting at 6 pm - 10 pm.

Cameron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucio Rodriguez
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
designer
Yep, more words here.
badge
This is overtext. Man, what an awesome use of 100 geekgold! :)
mbmbmbmbmb

Is this open to anyone? I'm in Moreno Valley, and while that's a little bit of a drive, I might be able to make it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, it is open to anyone!

I've been asked what games we will be playing. Until we establish a core group of players, I would suggest people just bring something that would like to play and would be willing to teach others. The only stipulation would be that we have three solid hours to play, so the game needs to be easily wrapped up in that time frame.

After we get the group established, I think the most fair way to do it is to have one person each week designated to bring whatever games they'd like to play, so this way everyone gets their favorite games to the table at some point.

We're looking for players who are open to learning new games, not just play their favorite games and nothing else. Also, players who intentionally pick games that do not accommodate everyone present will not be tolerated. I have no problem with splitting us up into smaller groups so everyone can play, but trying to force people to play a five player game when six people are present is NOT OKAY.

In short, come to have fun, come with an open mind, and we'll get along

Cameron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Btw, if you are interested in coming to our first meeting, please post here and I will message you my cell phone #.

Cameron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nobody?

Cameron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've gotten confirmations from two folks, if anyone else is thinking of coming or might come, let me know so I bring games appropriate for that # of players, and so I can message you my cell phone number.

Cameron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Davis
United States
New Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We talked the other day, but I should be there on Wednesday as well. A friend of mine will be in town, too - we're both up to play anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay Matt, then it looks like we'll be at four players. I think if everybody brings a game or two we should be peachy.

Cameron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for coming out, everyone! We had a great turnout! Present were:

Moses
Matt
Myself
Aaron
Marc
Erik

We played:
Shadow Hunters
Revolution!
Thunderstone
IronDie

See you guys next week! Again, if you are interested in coming, reply to this thread so I can PM you my cell phone.

Cameron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Faye Holliday

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to make it out one day but the fact that I haven't even been to my monthly group meetup in over 3 months and i get home after 6 (from LA) makes it so hard to try to schedule this during the week if you guys meet at 5pm. Maybe I can drop by for a filler or something? Oh yeah, I am actually moving to Ontario, two freeway stops from the Mills.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We start at 6, actually. I might try and go earlier just to save a table and get some food, but gaming doesn't really start until 6, so come on out!

Plus, if we know you're coming (you call me) we'll try to play some shorter games at 6, so you can get in on a game or two.

Cameron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Martinell
United States
Beaumont
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am interesting in attending! How often are you guys going to meet? I work right down the road (I10 and Haven). I am pretty busy these days so I wouldn't be able to make it every time, but on those occaisions when I could then I would absolutely like to join in the fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We're trying to do it weekly. I'll PM you my phone #, so you can call if you are going to be coming, so we can expect you, and plan to bring games that can handle the appropriate # of players.

Cameron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Faye Holliday

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok. I am interested. Can't do this week, as I will be settling in and prparing for Dragon*Con but I would love to stop by in the near future

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey folks, looking forward to seeing you tomorrow night! I plan on bringing two dexterity games: Bisikle, a fun game similar to Pitchcar and Catacombs, which is like if a D&D RPG and Crokinole had a baby!

If you plan to come out and have not come before, message me and I will reply w/ my cell phone #.

Cameron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Salazar
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
hey cameron, i just wanted to let you know that i may or may not make tomorrow. i'm going to try real hard since i had a good time last time. ill call you to let you know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up, Erik!

Cameron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nobody came, and I did not receive any calls.

Is weekly too often for you guys?

Cameron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Salazar
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
sorry cameron that i didnt call you about not showing up. as for the weekly thing i know there will be times that i cant make it, i dont know if changing it to bi-weekly would help things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, you have your work/kid situation. Monthly would also probably not solve things. I had been expecting Matt again and maybe Moses.

Well, I know Marc will be there next week and I'll see if I can get another guy to come.

Cameron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Strecker
United States
Murrieta
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the early days of the Berkeley Boardgamers, I know that our founder, Gabe, would often sit next to a stack of boardgames without anyone showing. Some weeks will be like that. But he was focused on building a group big enough to surpass the limitations of a small group of gamer friends.

His persistence paid off, because now we've grown to hundreds of members in our group and there's 25+ rotating people that show up for events held twice a week or more. After that rough first year and another year of babysitting (teaching newbies, staying out of the early games to accommodate late-comers) it basically runs itself now. I'd recommend a Meetup.com group to get the word out to potential players, and it wouldn't hurt to set up some attractive game at the table to entice the occasional lookie-loo. It's a lot of work to start a successful game group - but the rewards will be well worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope everyone had a great Labor Day Weekend! See you there tomorrow!

Btw, I am working on trying to move us to Central Park, which should be a lot nicer area to game at. More details to follow, but this week we will be back at Victoria Gardens.

Cameron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mernin
United States
California
flag msg tools
(❍ᴥ❍ʋ) | (• ᵕ • ) |
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I am interested in joining!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Salazar
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
So how did things go yesterday Cameron? Wish I could've made it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Myself, Marc, Matt and Leland attended. We played:
Say Anything
Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer
Pueblo
Say Anything

By next week we may be able to meet at Central Park, which is Rancho Cucamonga's community center. We'll be on the monthly bulletin that goes out, we'll have a room, it'll be great!

I dropped by Central Park on Wednesday before the game night and ran into the Community Coordinator. It was great timing, because he usually isn't there on Wednesdays!

Cameron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [39] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.