Subject: Riverside CA, Inland Empire Game Group #2 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin
United States
Lake Elsinore
California
flag msg tools
I don't want the world; I just want your half.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all,

Feeding off the excitement with the recent efforts to get a game group meeting in Rancho Cucamonga, I am trying to do the same in the Riverside area. Unfortunately, living 40 miles south of Riverside, the extra distance to Rancho Cucamonga makes it unlikely that I would be able to make the trip.

That being said I would like to get something going closer to Riverside/Moreno Valley area. I know there are two venues that can readily facilitate open gaming, Adventurer's Guild in Riverside and GMI Games in Jurupa.

My hope would be to meet at some frequency during the week after work for a few hours, i.e. 4 hours beginning 4:30 to 5:30 one night every other week. As I work in Riverside, such an a arrangement would be optimal for me. Perhaps, depending on the level of interest this could also lead to a one Saturday per month meet up to play some of the longer games which never see the table.

Anyone out there interested?

Thanks,

Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Lake Elsinore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bump

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Vader
United States
California
flag msg tools
I'm in MoValley and would love to get a localish group together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Smith
United States
Perris
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in Perris and in desperate need of a gaming group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Singh
United States
Moreno Valley
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if you ever got this off the ground, but I'd love to be a part of this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Ross
United States
Winfield
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in Riverside from time to time and would love to be part of a gaming group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Singh
United States
Moreno Valley
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will check it out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Lake Elsinore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alex where are you located?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Singh
United States
Moreno Valley
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In Riverside, actually down the street from the Adventurer's Guild. I've been there a few times, but I thought it was mostly for Magic and Warhammer, but I see they have a few board games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Potter
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
A note: the Riverside SciFi Association is having their game night at The Adventurer's Guild,
7000 Indiana, Ave.
Suite 114
Riverside, CA 92506
951-782-9333

Tonight, Thursday the 13th of January, starting at 7:00 p.m.

I've never been - while I'm titularly a member, my schedule doesn't allow me to make many meetups. The original announcement is:
http://www.meetup.com/riversidescifi/calendar/15889314/?a=nr...

(no idea if that link will be visible for y'all - I just cut & pasted from my browser, you may have to join the Meetup.com group to see it. Or not.)

Anyhoo, the e-flyer I got states "Post holiday game night. Requested by our members, and some of them have new games they want to share with all of us. They have plenty of games in the store that we can use, but I know some of us have games we are interested in sharing too. I have pictionary man, Vanessa and I have a new expansion for Bang!, and there is at least one Munchkin set running around.

Adventurer's Guild of Riverside is one of the cool gaming stores in the area and they definitely have the coolest owner of the stores I've seen around here. I still plan to show you guys Game Empire and Gameology at some point, but if everyone likes it, this can be our standard store for game nights."

Not necessarily endorsing, just letting all the 925'ers know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Singh
United States
Moreno Valley
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been to Gameology and I like the collection of games they have available to play, but it's just too inconvenient for me to get to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Singh
United States
Moreno Valley
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thinking of heading to the Adventurer's Guild tomorrow night (Saturday) if anyone else is interested. Not sure if they are open to have open gaming, but I'll give them a call. Worth a shot :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Singh
United States
Moreno Valley
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Went to the Adventurer's Guild last weekend and had some fun. If anyone is interested in joining me this weekend let me know and we can plan things out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Reger
United States
California
flag msg tools
Ive played a saturday at the adventures guild.. SUPER SUPER FUN. only thing is they didnt wanna play anything i liked... they try to play more games aimed toward PARTY FUN. but wanted to play puerto rico or something along those lines. Wasnt bad. i gave it a try and played some new games like bang bang? something like that and some drinking orks game... There were way to many people there. But i do wanna make it out there again. not this saturday but the next i will go for sure! message me people if you wanna talk about this and decide on a game before hand ahaha.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Singh
United States
Moreno Valley
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I couldn't make it this past Saturday because of an injury, but if I'm feeling better I will definitely be there this Saturday and I'll bring sonne friends. I have a small collection of games if you want me to bring something specific just let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Singh
United States
Moreno Valley
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still nursing my injury and couldn't make it to the Adventurer's Guild, but I'm still really interested in meeting up with people to play. I hope this week I will be better and able to play some games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Lim
United States
Beaumont
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah! I've been trying to find a regular weekly group since I moved out to Beaumont. I don't mind the drive if I get a good group going!

Here's my facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/marklim1

Let me know if you guys are going.

~Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Lim
United States
Beaumont
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gnarcore wrote:
Ive played a saturday at the adventures guild.. SUPER SUPER FUN. only thing is they didnt wanna play anything i liked... they try to play more games aimed toward PARTY FUN. but wanted to play puerto rico or something along those lines. Wasnt bad. i gave it a try and played some new games like bang bang? something like that and some drinking orks game... There were way to many people there. But i do wanna make it out there again. not this saturday but the next i will go for sure! message me people if you wanna talk about this and decide on a game before hand ahaha.

Hey Joseph,

I'm looking for a group to play heavier games with and I'm up for some Puerto Rico next time you're down there.

I think that since there's so many people they have to play party games but I'm willing to sit at a separate table and ship coffee!

Let me know if you're going next Saturday.

~Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Singh
United States
Moreno Valley
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I forgot that I had an obligation on Saturday night. Would anyone like to meet earlier on Saturday, say noon-ish?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Lake Elsinore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all

Looks like there are a few of us in the area that would like to get something going

I will try to message all the folks who replied here and hopefully set something up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Singh
United States
Moreno Valley
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in. I have a couple of purple that can meet on occasion as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Singh
United States
Moreno Valley
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will try to start something up for next Saturday the 19th. I'll ask people that have shown interest and if you haven't heard from me just post below and we will figure things out.

Thinking of starting around 5pm until whenever at the Adventurer's Guild in Riverside.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Saucedo
United States
Moreno Valley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im very interested in stopping by, about how many people show and what kind of games are you guys playing? and last how late do you stay? I've been to the Adventures Guild a Few times but not often and never to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Singh
United States
Moreno Valley
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems there is a good amount of interest. Plenty enough to meet his Saturday.

So far the roster is:

Alex and Luisa (my wife and I)
Mark (PoisonApple)
Daniel (ddsmith) and his wife

Joseph and my younger brother have shown interest and will come if their schedules allow.

So for this Saturday, let's meet at 5:00pm at the Adventurer's Guild. The address is 7000 Indiana Ave. Suite 114, Riverside, CA 92506

My hope is that we can make this a semi regular group and for our first gathering let' just bring a couple of your favorite games and let's see how things play out. If you get lost or hit traffic and are going to be late or anything just give me a call at 951-732-7203.

I hope to see everyone there!

@Joseph This will be our first meeting and you are more then welcome to join us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Lim
United States
Beaumont
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm definitely going to try. I've got some house renovation stuff to do Saturday morning and if I do a good job maybe the wife will let me leave the house as a reward, lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.