Nigel Clarke
flag msg tools
Recently been on holiday to Germany and thoroughly enjoyed it. Don't know why I haven't been (as an adult) before. My grasp of the language (I've already overstated it) is, I am ashamed to say, poor. Thankfully, most of the time, the friendly German people speak English very well.

I'd already looked at Keltis and Lost Cities the Boardgame to decide which one I would get - I decided on Keltis.

I found a shop in Donauworth which sold Keltis for 12.99 Euros - bargain! I quickly snapped it up but struggled with the German rules. I can't imagine why, my German language ability is .... (insert 4-letter word; I wish it was "good").

I texted my daughter to see if she could text me English rules but she's not such a regular to BGG as me and couldn't find them so still no luck.

Later in the holiday, whilst visiting Wurzburg, I wandered into a Muller store (I'd visited the same type of store in Donauworth and purchased Catan for the DS). This store had 4 floors, one of which was devoted to toys and games. Boy did I have to have strong willpower - a long wallshelf full of boardgames as well as other shelving with more boardgames. In this store I found Keltis for 17.99 Euros. This Keltis was a bigger box and, almost as soon as I'd picked it up, I realised how stupid I'd been! The first purchase was of this expansion! blushEven worse, I knew there were expansions - I had been very careful when comparing LCTBG and Keltis - I just hadn't bothered to try and understand the subtext on the box!blush

The good news though, by the look of the reviews, this expansion is well worth having; and I don't need to justify its purchase!

Note to self - must get German language disks for the car....
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.