Jeremy Burke
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
Part Owner, Gen Con Games Library
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night, we played this game for the first time. It was a lot of fun with two 5-and 6-year old boys. But our final score was 42-42-42-41! Has anyone else had this happen? Is this how every game ends? Is there something terribly wrong with the scoring system, or did we just play a one-in-3,111,696 game? Thanks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
It's a gift...
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
That's funny, I just played this game for the first time this weekend as well. Our scores were something like 47-46-35-30, so close but not as close as yours. I think part of why our scores were close (and perhaps yours as well) was because this first game we played fairly nice with one another. People had opportunities to snatch gems out of another player's grasp but they let them slide. I think in the future we will be much nastier and scores may get a little more lopsided from that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W M Shubert
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played a half dozen times and haven't seen a tie yet. I've seen it very close, but never an exact tie for first place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Burke
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
Part Owner, Gen Con Games Library
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your input! I'm glad that this is just a weird happening with our game and not a problem with the game itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.