Ghost Stories» Forums » Rules

Subject: why do incarations give 1 Qi and 1 yin-yang after being exorcised? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
drew schultz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
I thought if you beat them game over or do you have to finish off the deck and beat the incaration?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Steely
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You can play with more than one incarnation, and have to beat them all, so getting those rewards help you live on to fight more. And if it's the last one, the Qi and yin yang count for scoring. If you care to keep scores.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Modreski
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
What Shane said. In Initiate or Normal, you're only facing 1 incarnation. In Nightmare or Hell, you've got four, count 'em four incarnations of Wu-Feng to fight your way through.

You'll need every bit of Qi and Ying-Yang you can get devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And if you keep track of score, you can use that regained Yinyang to e.g. unhaunt a village tile for an extra 4 points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
drew schultz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
thanks guys that makes since now that I stop to think about it. I have been playing the first two levels so long forgot but about nightmare and hell. anyway thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carquinyoli

Tarragona
Catalunya
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ender667 wrote:
You can play with more than one incarnation, and have to beat them all, so getting those rewards help you live on to fight more. And if it's the last one, the Qi and yin yang count for scoring. If you care to keep scores.

Hi, new to the game.
So if you beat the last incarnation (or the single one in the easy level), it's over? you don't have to deal with the rest of the ghosts? (those on board and those still to appear?)

If so, thematically I imagine that once the 'master' (Wu-Feng) is beaten all the other ghosts lose their powers and vanish... is that right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevin Beattie
United States
West Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't even attempt to defeat the rest of the ghosts, because once the last ghost card is drawn, you've lost. That's what makes removing ghosts from the bottom of the deck a bad thing. Your only goal is the incarnation(s) of Wu-Feng.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carquinyoli

Tarragona
Catalunya
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification General Blue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.