Subject: Card sleeves rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Szarka
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
When it is your turn to send a VASSAL move, the wait is excruciating. When it's my turn, well, I've been busy.
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know what the best make/brand of card sleeves is for this game? The deck is fairly small so it seems worthwhile to protect them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Ruf
Germany
Kaiserslautern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use Deck Protector Ultra Pro for Yu-Gi-Oh and small gaming cards (NOT the regular trading card size). They fit exactly. You just have to get over buying a product with 'Yu-Gi-Oh' on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Alexander
United States
Mendham
New Jersey
flag msg tools
why not just buy a spare deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Szarka
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
When it is your turn to send a VASSAL move, the wait is excruciating. When it's my turn, well, I've been busy.
mbmbmbmbmb
locustshorty wrote:
why not just buy a spare deck?

Well, I'm just getting back into the hobby since CDGs have sort of taken over...everyone seems to use these things so I thought I should, too! But I'm sure the sleeves will cost less than another deck, especially with shipping added to the equation..

Actually where it really seems to matter is games like PoG and TS, where there are "early" decks that would wear disproportionately without sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Vinarcik
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I never used to sleeve but now sleeve almost everything. For starters, I don't want to store multiple decks.

And just about any game in my collection I intend to keep & play for the rest of my life, so it's a cheap investment in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Kirsipuu
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used Fanatsy Flight card sleeves and they work fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Niko Ruf wrote:
I use Deck Protector Ultra Pro for Yu-Gi-Oh and small gaming cards (NOT the regular trading card size). They fit exactly. You just have to get over buying a product with 'Yu-Gi-Oh' on it.

If they are indeed this size, then here's the breakdown and some popular alternatives:

Mayday Standard USA (Purple) 56x87mm
= Ultra Pro Deck Protector Mini
= Arcane Tinmen Dragon Shield Mini
= FFG Standard American FFS03 (Green)
= Yu-Gi-Oh Card Size
= Bridge Card Size 2.25"x3.5"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're using Mayday sleeves, you need Chimera (orange) sleeves. They are 57.5 x 89 and fit perfectly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
If you're using Mayday sleeves, you need Chimera (orange) sleeves. They are 57.5 x 89 and fit perfectly.

Jack is absolutely correct. Mayday's Purple sleeves don't work, and the Orange ones are the best fit by far!

Therefore, this is what you're looking for:

Mayday USA Chimera (Orange, 7044) 57.5x89mm
= Arcane Tinmen Medium (57x89mm)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yoki, my purple Mayday sleeves did not fit at all, just so you know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
Yoki, my purple Mayday sleeves did not fit at all, just so you know.

You're right again, but Blue works although they're slightly too large of course. I should've just left this thread alone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.