Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefano Bastianelli
United States
Pittsford
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the manual it is not really clear.

Can I play more than one spell battle card during the battle?

It sounds like I can only play a battle ability (and this is clear in the manual) and a spell battle card (this is not specified).

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Mullins
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
Hopefully I can give you a little clarification here.

Starting with the attacker each player take a turn playing a Battle Spell, activate a Battle Ability or Pass. Passive Battle Abilities, if any, are calculated before battle sequence starts.

This step ends after both players have passed consecutively.

Battle Example:

Player 1 (Attacker) plays the battle spell Innervate, Pays for the cost of the spell card and adjusts the Battle Value(s).
Player 2 plays the battle spell Orb of Orlac, Pays for the cost of the spell card and adjusts the Battle Value.
Player 1 plays a battle spell card magic shield, Pays for the cost of the spell card. Adds a Shield token to their unit.
Player 2 passes
Player 1 plays spell card Rage, Pays for the cost of the spell card and adjusts the Battle Value.
Player 2 passes
Player 1 passes

Each player will now have the opportunity to sacrifice a spell card for it's Battle Modifier.

Hope this helps

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Bastianelli
United States
Pittsford
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Yes, this helps.

Where did you get this example?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Mullins
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
Glad to help.

This isn't an example in the book. I created it out of the understanding of the game mechanics. You can reference pages 9-12 7.0 Battle This section goes into a mock sequence of the Battle Phase.

Basically each side gets a turn to play a card or an ability, as long as they meet the criteria, until both sides pass in a row. As long as you follow this sequence of play the Battle Phase should move smoother.

let me know if I can help you out with anything else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Bastianelli
United States
Pittsford
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read the example in the rule book, but the players used just one spell.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.