Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Shoda
Japan
Zushi
Kanagawa
flag msg tools
mb
Does anyone know who starts the 2nd and 3rd round of the game?

In Kingdom, whoever with most money starts the game. What happen if there are ties?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Regényi Mátyás
Hungary
Sopron
Győr-Moson-Sopron
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that in this case the guy who laid down the most castles can start the next round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Yum
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
When playing with three players, I let everyone have a chance to start the round.

It is problematic with two or four players.

Since it's probably a disadvantage to start a round, I would rule that the person with less money starts the third round in a two player game. So Player A starts the first round. Player B starts the second round. And whoever has less money starts the third/final round.

A four player game is much more problematic.

I'd suggest you choose one player randomly to start the first round. And then whoever is ahead starts each of the subsequent rounds. It's not elegant, but I think it may be a fair way of deciding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Pluntky
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When playing with three people the "the person with the most money starts" rules is really bad. Because he is ahead, if he is ahead by a lot it means he can just place tiles and the person to his right will be forced to put a castle on his last turn which is usually a lot of minus points butting him even more ahead.

This game screams for some house rules that forces each player to put down at least one castle. Or players who have already placed a castle can pass on their turn. Alternatively castles left after the third round give minus points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.