$10.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
191 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 

Thunderstone» Forums » General

Subject: Thundermaster: The intelligent Thunderstone randomizer that works on any computer or smart phone rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pleased to announce the official release of Thundermaster, my intelligent Thunderstone randomizer. It's web-based and will run on any computer or smart phone. It can also be used offline (just save the webpage, being sure to select 'Webpage, complete').

Give Thundermaster a try now!

p.s. I've posted about this previously under *Beta* Intelligent Thunderstone randomizer. Just wanted to make a new post now that it's complete, in case people missed or passed over the original.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noway Jose
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't seem to like to work on my blackberry

It does appear to work on my iPad though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Browne
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It didn't work for me. I hit randomize and it has the categories,but no cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
@Boze What browser does the blackberry use? I don't know anyone who owns one. :/ I thought I remembered someone in the beta thread saying they tried it and it worked, though. Also, out of curiosity, does it look good on the iPad, or does it seem too small?

@Grimstax What platform (computer, phone, etc) are you using, and what browser (name and version)? I've tested it on the latest versions of Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera and Internet Explorer, and it works in all of them (though it can be a bit flaky in IE and sometimes takes more than one click to work).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vanden Heuvel
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
Gaamessz... need more Gaammesz...
mbmbmbmb
Works on blackberry 6.0 I suspect earlier versions don't work.

It works on iPad except You can't exclude single cards from the results.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Really? That's odd... What happens when you try? Are you able to exclude sets? The mechanism for the sets is identical to the mechanism for the individual cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vanden Heuvel
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Can't exclude sets either on the iPad. Works fine from firefox on my computer and from my blackberry 6.0 browser.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I found a fix for the iOS problem. Could you give it a try?

This is my development version, with the fix applied: http://asmor.com/scripts/tsrand/dev/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Esteban Vasquez
Colombia
Medellin
Antioquia
flag msg tools
100% Pure Colombian Geek
badge
Colombia is waiting for you, would you take the risk? (Video in my profile)
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Asmor, I wanted to ask you how did you pick the traps with the "maybe" option, because when I test it I never get more than 1 traps.

I now know how is the expansion setup but since I don't have the game yet (It arrives the next week) I don't know how many "Dungeon Feature" cards are, that's is why I'm asking.

I also want to ask if you mind if I check your javascript code and use it as base for the j2me version I maybe do in case Zerothi finds problems doing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vanden Heuvel
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:

This is my development version, with the fix applied: http://asmor.com/scripts/tsrand/dev/

don't have my iPad handy, but it works on iTouch so I presume the same can be said of the iPad.
[edit: just had the bright idea of testing the iTouch on the old site. So yeah, it's broken on the old one and works on the dev site. Confirmed fixed.]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Wicked cool, thanks Ian!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Deefer wrote:
Asmor wrote:

don't have my iPad handy, but it works on iTouch so I presume the same can be said of the iPad.
[edit: just had the bright idea of testing the iTouch on the old site. So yeah, it's broken on the old one and works on the dev site. Confirmed fixed.]

Awesome, thanks! Fix is now up on the live version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In the beta thread, someone was asking for an ability to make some cards required.

I've got the functionality going on the development site ( http://asmor.com/scripts/tsrand/dev/ ). Anyone care to give it a try? Does it work intuitively? Currently it's allowed -> required -> disallowed, but that gets annoying for (what I suspect is) the most common task, disabling cards. I'm thinking of switching it to allowed -> disallowed -> required.

Any feedback on this feature is greatly appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vanden Heuvel
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The interface is intuitive without complicating it too much. Nice job.

Works on the iPad too btw. (thanks for the tip... Savin for a thunderstone micro badge)

What do you think of a change like this? When presented with a list of randomized cards, clicking on the card throws it out and replaces it with new random card? (for those times when the set is almost right but there's a card you've just seen a bit too often lately)

Edit: you could remove the guardian/trap drop boxes now. I would consolidate them into a "dungeon features" category and use your new allowed/disallowed/required mechanism.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vanden Heuvel
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I like the required being first. There isn't much I want avoid, but I like that I can do a si gle click to include a card. For instance I just got my promo card. One click and I have set including that card.

Found a bug. Set doomknight*humanoid and dark champion to "required" and only got 3 cards including the guardian card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Deefer wrote:
I like the required being first. There isn't much I want avoid, but I like that I can do a si gle click to include a card. For instance I just got my promo card. One click and I have set including that card.

Found a bug. Set doomknight*humanoid and dark champion to "required" and only got 3 cards including the guardian card.

Good catch. Fixed it, and it's now live.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to mention that I got a kindle today, and as far as I can tell Thundermaster works perfectly on the kindle's browser. It's really trippy seeing a dynamic webpage like this work on a paper-like medium.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shayne winstone
Canada
flag msg tools
I can get about a 1/4 of the info on my iphone it dose not want to scroll on the page at all what I see seems to be static.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've updated the randomizer with Doomgate Legion.

Also, sorry Shayne, but I don't know what could be causing that problem, and don't have any way of investigating it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Vereijken
Netherlands
Nuenen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic, many thanks for the update.

One small issue i have running this on a Samsung omnia with opera 10. The set line appears twice, and only the highest line gives the correct status. Looks a bit strange, but if you know it, it is not a problem.

Again thanks,

Johan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Orlando
United States
Ponte Vedra
Florida
flag msg tools
Your going to need a bigger boat....
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been struggling getting a balanced game. Thanks a million....

Jared

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For anyone who happens to be following this thread, you can now get intelligently-randomized games without any electronic device.

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/65878/thundermaster-unplug...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Roth
Germany
Wistedt
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I just encountered a translated (german) version of the ThunderMaster, and have dived into the machanics of the tool, what about adding the promotional cards "Blade Trap", "Mammoth" and "The Vision" from the promotional pack to the tool, if "Promo" is enabled and the appropriate groups are chosen by the randomizer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Blade trap, mammoth and the vision should be added to death traps, evil druids and cultist humanoid, respectively, IIRC; they are not separate groups unto themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Roth
Germany
Wistedt
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the Mammoth is, it is "Evil Druid - Familiar" instead of "Evil Druid - humanoid".

But how should I determine if I should add these cards to the respective groups? Should I throw a die?

I thought it might be possible to mark them as promos and have some sort of algorithm:

If "Traps - deadly" is selected, check for "Promo" (only if "Promo" is enabled). If matching promocard is found generate a random number. If number is smaller or equal to 5, don't include the promocard, if not, show it under "Traps - deadly" in the output.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.