Popular Tags: gotw [+] [View All]
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mb
Congrats Lenny!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
"Well, my time of not taking you seriously is coming to a middle."
badge
"Ten percent of nothin' is ... let me do the math here ... nothin' into nothin' ... carry the nothin' ..."
mbmbmbmbmb
thumbsupCONGRATS thumbsup

Another fine choice for our GoTW!

Question:

What is your most and least favorite game mechanic and why?

meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davido
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Holla,
I first met Lenny via Secret Santa as I was Forced to GIVE to Lenny. He took my fumbling attempts at taunting in good stride and even managed to 'out me'. Well, he seemed simpatico, so I had one of my first Geekbuddies, a real 'go to' to find the skinny on game ratings etc.
Congrats

Questions to follow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Green
United States
Ft. Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffwiles wrote:

Whoooo Hooooo!!!
CONGRATS FROG!!

Thanks, Jeff! You & Amy are two big reasons why I've stuck around here. And in spite of the fact that I couldn't convince you to move to Ft. Collins, I hope you're enjoying Georgia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Green
United States
Ft. Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
iolex001 wrote:
These facts, *CAN* in fact be corroborated by me. (mmwahhm, haha, haaa)
I am a "worthy* gamer and have Lenny and a few others to thank for helping me pull out my inner geek/gamer self. PS - we really do miss you Naomi!

Evil corroborating Jen I! kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Green
United States
Ft. Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamesmeister99 wrote:
Congrats on your geek of the week of honor. I used to know someone who lived in Ft Collins, his name was Bob, do you know him? Ahh probably not, he moved years ago...never mind.zombie

Thanks Chris! Yeah, I knew Bob - he was that guy that walked around, said stuff and drove that one car. I miss him!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Green
United States
Ft. Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Toggy wrote:
Sweet!

Its the frog!

Whats your favorite game mechanism.
If you could adapt any book/movie into a game what would it be. What would the mechanism of that game be.
What game do you love, but hate that you love?

Thanks Toggy! I've been meaning to tell you how much I like my game bags - thanks for them!

As for game mechanisms: I really like gathering & managing resources. I also like auctions.

Movie or book into a game: hmm..The Big Lebowski. You'd have to gather clues to the kidnapping - toes, briefcases, etc. There could also be a bowling dexterity element!

I'm kind of loving my 18XX experiences. Too bad I suck at them and they take 8 hours to suck at!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Green
United States
Ft. Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
roseundy wrote:
Congrats Lenny!!

As an unworthy Worthy gamer, I have to ask:

What makes one worthy?

Thanks, Steve!

As a fellow UU you know we affirm and promote the inherent worth (and dignity) of every person. That being said....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Green
United States
Ft. Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
leroy43 wrote:
Congrats Lenny!

Thanks, Leroy - & Trololo to you too!

I really enjoy the GMT thread - can hardly wait for Here I Stand to ship!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Green
United States
Ft. Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashitaka wrote:
thumbsupCONGRATS thumbsup

Another fine choice for our GoTW!

Question:

What is your most and least favorite game mechanic and why?

meeple

THANKU ASH

I've spent some nice time in Omaha - hope it's still a great place.

I just mentioned resource management and auction as favorite game mechanics. Least favorite: card drafting or dice rolling. I say this as a sweeping generalization, because they often f***-up my otherwise elegant strategies! My first experience with Carson City was ruined by stupid dice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Green
United States
Ft. Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davido wrote:
Holla,
I first met Lenny via Secret Santa as I was Forced to GIVE to Lenny. He took my fumbling attempts at taunting in good stride and even managed to 'out me'. Well, he seemed simpatico, so I had one of my first Geekbuddies, a real 'go to' to find the skinny on game ratings etc.
Congrats

Questions to follow.

Thanks David! Leonardo da Vinci (my SS gift) is still one of my favorites.

Oh yeah, one more thing:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Η
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations Lenny, have a great week!

goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
If you have some sanity left...
badge
...come and join me in the tavern I buy you a mug of beer.
mb
Congratulations!

1. Did you ever visit the RPG side?
2. Ever played RPG's?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Nice!

Congrats, Lenny! I'll be back later with some questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Green
United States
Ft. Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nerotora wrote:
Congratulations Lenny, have a great week!

goo

Thanks Alex! I love that you're Existential in Greece!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Green
United States
Ft. Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:
Congratulations!

1. Did you ever visit the RPG side?
2. Ever played RPG's?

Thanks Barad! No, I've not been to the RPG side nor have I played an RPG. When I was in junior high school (70's) RPG were just becoming known. I went to a university lab school (I went to the same school building from kindergarten through 12th grade), and we had one of the first computers that would eventually become the PC. Ours was hooked by phone modem (literally a phone handset placed in a saddle) that linked it to a huge mainframe on the university campus. You could print banners ( wow ) and play these little simple program games of Star Trek and Dungeons & Dragons. This was the cool new thing, and this is where we would play games. Had it not been for this, we probably would have been playing RPGs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Green
United States
Ft. Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott Firestone IV wrote:

Nice!

Congrats, Lenny! I'll be back later with some questions.

Thanks Scott! I'll look forward to your questions. I don't know how soon I can get back to Gryphon, but I'll sure try. I'm looking for a second job at the moment, so gaming is sadly taking a back seat to that.cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Heidenreich
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Question for you, Lenny.

Did you learn about the game Double Some'R'Set from the Geek or elsewhere? I ask as you wrote a great review on my favorite trick taking game (one that I learned when I was 11/12 years old back in the 70's).

Have you been to the birthplace of Kermit (Leland, MS)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raimond
Sweden
Göteborg
Västra Götalands län
flag msg tools
Northern Lights
badge
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. (Carl Sagan 1934-1996)
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Green
United States
Ft. Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bop517 wrote:
Question for you, Lenny.

Did you learn about the game Double Some'R'Set from the Geek or elsewhere? I ask as you wrote a great review on my favorite trick taking game (one that I learned when I was 11/12 years old back in the 70's).

Have you been to the birthplace of Kermit (Leland, MS)?

Hi Gary!

I learned Double Some'R'Set from some Madison friends and we used to play it all the time. They were very good card players and we used to have these cut-throat games with much taunting and illegal table-talk. I miss those games.

I've not been to the birthplace of Kermit, but I'm definately going to put it on my bucket list - thanks for the tip!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Green
United States
Ft. Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ragge1 wrote:
Congrats

Thanks Raimond! I believe I sent you a Christmas card in last years exchange. My niece has married a Swedish man and in the next couple of years they'll be moving back there to start a family. I hope to visit there - it sounds enchanting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MMB
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Woo-Hoo!! LennyS is Geek of the Week!!!!!!!!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee........another Chit Chatter!!!!!!!! The invasion has begun (again).

Congratulations Lenny!! I love your contributions and you have me almost convinced to retire to Fort Collins!!!!!!

No questions..........just lots of love and kisses!!!!!

Mysteriously yours........

kisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Green
United States
Ft. Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EgorjLileli wrote:
Woo-Hoo!! LennyS is Geek of the Week!!!!!!!!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee........another Chit Chatter!!!!!!!! The invasion has begun (again).

Congratulations Lenny!! I love your contributions and you have me almost convinced to retire to Fort Collins!!!!!!

No questions..........just lots of love and kisses!!!!!

Mysteriously yours........

kisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskiss

blushblush Thanks MMB - you also are a big reason I love being here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davido
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, now for some real questions:

1) You have a lot of unrated games in your collection. Which unrated by you game are you most eager to get to the table (or play if you haven't gotten around to rating a played game yet). Which unrated game by you is the "Aunt Ethel's traveling fruitcake" that is just THERE, but you secretly hope will go away even though it is unsellable or untradeable?

2) Undisputed Cribbage Champion of the World, huh? I learned from my daddy who learned from arctic oilfield workers who had NOTHING better to do in 3 months of 24/7 darkness BUT work or play cribbage.

You. Me. penny a point difference, buck a skunk, 2 bucks for double skunk.
Enjoy the week.

3) Your ratings go to 2 or 3 decimal places. Care to explain/define the hair splitting?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Green
United States
Ft. Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davido wrote:
Ok, now for some real questions:

1) You have a lot of unrated games in your collection. Which unrated by you game are you most eager to get to the table (or play if you haven't gotten around to rating a played game yet). Which unrated game by you is the "Aunt Ethel's traveling fruitcake" that is just THERE, but you secretly hope will go away even though it is unsellable or untradeable?

Short list of games currently or soon to be in my collection that I'm anxious to play:
Die Macher
Hamburgum
Here I Stand
Silverton
Serenissima

davido wrote:
2) Undisputed Cribbage Champion of the World, huh? I learned from my daddy who learned from arctic oilfield workers who had NOTHING better to do in 3 months of 24/7 darkness BUT work or play cribbage. You. Me. penny a point difference, buck a skunk, 2 bucks for double skunk.

Challenge accepted! cool

davido wrote:
3) Your ratings go to 2 or 3 decimal places. Care to explain/define the hair splitting?

Yeah, I've gone back and forth on the decimal thing. I'm a woodworker who can work to 3 places (0.001) of accuracy. In my ratings, these refer to the relativaty within a range: I like both game X and game Y a lot, but game X perhaps slightly better than game Y. Of course these change over time, and periodically I try to revisit games I've rated and adjust accordingly. I wish I could create a continuum of their cover images based on my ratings to get a visual feel whether I'm the right track or not. And therein lies my geekiness!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.