Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Thomas
United States
Coshocton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, could someone please tell me how to get this card without paying the crazy prices on ebay. Was this card given out for free at some cons? And now some jeg-ass is selling them on ebay for $40! WTF

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike hutton
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
welcome to the wonderful world of WOTC and all their promo garbage

screw all those who supported them by buying this game......just hand out a hundred or two of these promo cards at gencon to people who dont even own the game so they can run right to eBay and sell them for an ungodly amount of money.

always felt the same about their heroscape promos too......same exact thing.....it only took about 5 years+ of bitching about it before they finally released a expansion that contained all but 1 of the promos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Chamberlain
United States
Tracy
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It also appears that they mailed a copy of the card to any registered RPGA member who played in the last 6 months. That is certainly where I got mine. And it seems all of the people in our local gaming group who occasionally play RPGA sanctioned DnD games at your local shop got one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Lewis
United States
Mechanicsville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
or you could print the card, put a small dot on a kobold card, and use her when it come out. It's not that huge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
First Name Last Name
msg tools
As far as I know, beyond eBay, there's only three ways of getting this card.

-Trying Castle Ravenloft at GENCON 2010
-Having played in the RPGA in the last six months
-Trying Castle Ravenloft at PAX West 2010

I'm surprised eBay wasn't flooded after PAX though, since there were 14 demo times running and upwards of five group running each time. There could be upwards of 350 Gray Hags disseminated from that event. (Probably closer to 250. 300 tops)

I guess Ravenloft was popular enough that people wanted to keep the card Or they just don't know how much it's worth on ebay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is they were very stingy with giveaways at PAX, unlike the previous shows

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve W
United States
Playa Vista
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm guessing most people don't know what they are worth. My group got 1 each (so we have 4) and no one owns the game (yet I'm getting it soon) so they are just sitting at peoples house or garbage or in my case a sleeve in my CCG trade binder

The Kobold is pretty much impossible to find. Not sure if they even handed them out at PAX or how many they really did.

plus 350 of them isn't a lot. 7 a state and thats if everyone kept them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Whassup

Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
msg tools
FYI, all 4 Designers of the Castle Ravenloft game are Registered Users here on BGG. If you go to the main listing for the game, you can click on their names and send them personal messages. I suggest we ALL hammer 'em w/messages...!

Like most of you, I too am really disgusted w/this promo crap that PUNISHES people who learn about the game after-the-fact (like I just did a couple weeks ago) - AND - I purchased the game almost instantly.

WE who are willing to BUY [for a REASONABLE price] the 'stuff' we couldn't get for free [just over a MONTH ago] because we have responsibilities and families and JOBS and don't have the time or inclination to be galavanting all over the country just to snatch up a few giveaways and freebies at various gaming Cons....!!!!

Sorry for venting....it just gets....IRRITATING....yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Theiss
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think BBG should have them like they do for other games like Dominion Promos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Paul
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
man lying down on job voluntarily
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be willing to sell mine for a much more reasonable price than $40. PM me an offer if you're interested and we can set it up through the BGG store so everything's legit!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Chuckle
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there anything illegal about producing your own designed promo cards and selling them via BGG or ebay? or even producing new monster figures to go with those cards? I don't get why anybody cares about collecting these cards. When you can make a million personalized ones that are better than the promo's.

I mean, it's like redesigning the Monopoly property cards and reselling them to "pimp" your monopoly game. This would be similar, instead "pimping" your Castle Ravenloft game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Stellmach
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Charliechuckleberry wrote:
Is there anything illegal about producing your own designed promo cards and selling them via BGG or ebay?

You might want to familiarize yourself with the idea of trademarks. You could have a difficult time marketing your hypothetical product in a non-infringing way.

But the short answer is basically yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.