Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombie dice is simplistic.

Zombie dice is well themed.

Zombie dice plays with any number of players.

Zombie dice plays quickly.

So it came as no surprise at all when my son called me in the car this morning to ask if it was OK for him to take it to school to play at lunch. He's 11, in 6th grade.

This game is perfect for a squad of 11 year old boys.

The dice come in 3 colors. The dice are your victims. Green guys are easy to kill, yellow are harder, red tougher. The difference is the ration of brains to shotguns on each die.

The idea is eat 13 brains. And the game then joins the ranks of familiar faves like Can't Stop, Incan Gold and Dungeon Dice. You get to keep trying for brains until 3 shotgun blasts show up.

Footprints mean the target ran. You will reroll them. Each turn, no matter what, if you choose to roll, you roll 3 dice, not seeing their color before the roll. This means you will look at your prior round's 'runners' and evaluate your chances. 2 green guys running? Hell, yeah, you roll again. 2 Red guys? Time to cash in your brains.

With 2 players, if this takes 10 minutes, you're playing wrong.

This is a game that has some actual gaming and gambling to it. Its not LCR automatic. But it isn't much more complex in rules.

It is great for playing on a restaurant table. Or at school lunch. It contains just enough thought and just enough risk to make it fun.

When we had people sitting out from crokinole waiting for the next opening, Zombie Dice was perfect. Its so fast that you'll be done in time. Yet so light that calling off a game in the middle doesn't matter.

Its a stupid game, but it fits the press your luck category absolutely perfectly.

This is by no means a great step forward in game theory. But it hits the target of what it is trying to be exactly.

And you get an excuse to make sound effects like victims and zombies...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom moughan
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
ahh....I love the smell of a stack of sketchily placed animals in the morning!
mbmbmbmbmb
good review!

I have to admit, on first play, I thought this was dumb. I felt dumb purchasing it too. But a few plays later I realized it had fun, quick, and infectious play: all the imprtant aspects of a truly great filler.

The press your luck is a real groaner and moaner... braaaiiiiinssssssssssssssss....ungh. zombie

Plus it's almost hallows eve and I don't own any zombie games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
He took it to school again today...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Chapman
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ryanmaesen wrote:
I agree. Great game... if you're about 10 years old.

We're all 10. Just ask our wives
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom moughan
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
ahh....I love the smell of a stack of sketchily placed animals in the morning!
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
He took it to school again today...

they're hooked! send him in with glory to rome tomorrow...they won't know what hit them : P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Cookman
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulChapman wrote:
ryanmaesen wrote:
I agree. Great game... if you're about 10 years old.

We're all 10. Just ask our wives

Oh NO!!!!! Don't ask my wife. She'll want to know why my chores aren't done.

whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Adams
United States
Portage
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
Geosphere wrote:
Zombie dice is simplistic.

Zombie dice is well themed.

Zombie dice plays with any number of players.

Zombie dice plays quickly.

So it came as no surprise at all when my son called me in the car this morning to ask if it was OK for him to take it to school to play at lunch. He's 11, in 6th grade.

This game is perfect for a squad of 11 year old boys.

This is very true. Remember the popular game of Pogs when, well at least I, was back in middle school. Back in the early 90's. All of us would go out and buy tons of pogs and wed all play for keeps. We even had a nice plastic storage tube for the pogs. Zombie dice is sooo much better than pogs and is a great learning tool for kids. It primarily will teach kids basic math (counting and adding). I don't see why this game wouldn't catch on with the kiddies. Its just pure fun that they can play at school during recess. Plus your giving your kids an activity besides sitting around watching tv or playing video games all day long!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.