Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
NASA Dawn approaching Ceres
mbmbmbmbmb
We played a couple of games of this little gem over the weekend. We think it flowed a little better with 2 compared to 4 players, but it's probably a game you need to play a few times to bust through the "aha" barrier. The game flies along once you begin to understand the cards.

The pipe card (I can't recall the German name, but it was a level 3 blue) confused us. Can you fill it if you are the settlement stone leader, or must you be trailing (assuming the latter). Also, what does the "1/2" on the card indicate - can you take 1 or 2 cubes off the pipe for a single "take resources" action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dorrell
England
Darwen
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Doug!

I think you mean the "Tonrohr" (earthenware pipe).

If you have the Tonrohr as one of your played inventions and you are not the player with the most settlement stones you can use the Tonrohr.

If you have the most settlement stones you cannot use the Tonrohr until someone overtakes you.

So in your words, yes "you must be trailing".

I believe the "1/2" refers to the fact that in the "take the resource(s)" phase there may be one or two cubes on the card for you to take. If there are 2 cubes you can take them both for 1 action.

I hope that makes sense and helps?

Yes - this is a great game particularly for 2. My wife and I have clocked up over 80 games! so we're giving Uruk a rest now in favour of Macao.

Cheers
Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My version: Re: Tonrohr (Earthenware Pipe) questions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
NASA Dawn approaching Ceres
mbmbmbmbmb
Played game 3 with Janet last night - got thumped this time by a Ziggurat. Great Play-By-Toddler game too... one can have a turn, while the other is on watch.

Steve - thanks... can't believe I missed that when I posted the question. Makes perfect sense now.

Chris, well we cranked out 50 games of Through The Ages while happily testing it for the IGA. Your notes about Uruk/Through The Ages led me to tracking Uruk down. You're dangerous to hang around .... I've painted my D-Day Dice set, which led me to Airborne In My Pocket and my first Artscow order, which led to the Aliens Artscow game (my second order), tracking down Uruk, buying my second copy of Fields of Fire, thinking seriously about buying Berg's War of the Ring, wanting to make a magnetic D-Day Dice set ... all this in a month!

BTW, we love Macao ... especially with two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dorrell
England
Darwen
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dougadamsau wrote:
......Chris, well we cranked out 50 games of Through The Ages while happily testing it for the IGA. Your notes about Uruk/Through The Ages led me to tracking Uruk down. You're dangerous to hang around .... I've painted my D-Day Dice set, which led me to Airborne In My Pocket and my first Artscow order, which led to the Aliens Artscow game (my second order), tracking down Uruk, buying my second copy of Fields of Fire, thinking seriously about buying Berg's War of the Ring, wanting to make a magnetic D-Day Dice set ... all this in a month!

BTW, we love Macao ... especially with two.

Me dangerous? Hardly ....

It becomes ever more apparent that we are on the same or similar wavelength! I am now going to check out Airborne in My Pocket again and explore Artscow a bit more - something I've not got into but keep meaning to have a look at. Now who's dangerous? shake

See Geekmail..

Cheers
Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.