Translated from the German rules:

ninja
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Cairns
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brilliant, thanks a lot. I love this game and cant wait to try these out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Cookman
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank You Very Much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
Google 'NinjaDorg Fantasy Quest'
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LordHellfury wrote:
Thats very cool. Is the layout the entirety of the variant rules?

As far as I can see, yes.

And thanks to Tobias Mrosek for the links and Johannes Heimann for help translating.

cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bobbyskizza wrote:
brilliant, thanks a lot. I love this game and cant wait to try these out.

Thanks mate, took me a while to PShop around the words but I think it looks okay. I also can't wait to try them out...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
It's a gift...
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dude, that is awesome! How did it never occur to me to set up the tiles differently to change the game?! The "Bridge of Horrors" looks like it would add some fun strategic decisions, because you'd really have to prioritize those middle pieces. However, the "Atoll of Decisions" just looks like you're begging to lose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gwommy the Purple
United States
Portland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At first, I thought the English rules were re-printed. Then I read that you photo-shopped it. Now that I look a lot closer at it, I can tell it's photo-shopped, but it does look nice. It has occurred to our group to make our own layouts. We did the volcano one before. We'll have to try some of the others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
—/A\===/A\===/A\—
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These are cool. I was thinking we could roll a d10 to get which layout to use but that would leave out the original layout.

Instead of a die roll, I think I'll whip up a set of 11 cards in Photoshop and InDesign that will have nice fronts and backs, print them on index card stock with a color laser printer, then sleeve them so we can choose the island layout by card draw at the beginning of each game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
northbridgestudios wrote:
These are cool. I was thinking we could roll a d10 to get which layout to use but that would leave out the original layout.

Instead of a die roll, I think I'll whip up a set of 11 cards in Photoshop and InDesign that will have nice fronts and backs, print them on index card stock with a color laser printer, then sleeve them so we can choose the island layout by card draw at the beginning of each game.

Good call. I think I might just print this onto card and cut out the individual island types to shuffle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brichs
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If we could figure out 54 different layouts, we could make an artscow deck.

♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb

where are you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gwommy the Purple
United States
Portland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brichs wrote:

That'd be amusing.

Long Island
XXX
XXX
XXX
XXX
XXX
XXX
XXX
XXX

Bermuda Traingle
____X
___XXX
__XXXXX
_XXX_XXX
XXXXXXXXX

Pirate's Cove
_XX___XX
__XXXXX
___XXX
___XXX
_ XXXXX
_XX___XX

That makes 14. Only 40 more to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
Jordan
Madaba-Manja
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like many of these will make the Diver and Pilot VERY lucrative roles to have available. How could you win at ATOLL without the Diver OR Pilot? Brutal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quentin WEHRLE
France
NANCY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GodfatherPTS wrote:
Seems like many of these will make the Diver and Pilot VERY lucrative roles to have available. How could you win at ATOLL without the Diver OR Pilot? Brutal.

Mmmh, for the Pilot : OK
But for the Diver, are we sure it is allowed to go frome one side of the ATOLL "island" to another ... ?
Here is what Matt Leacock said about the Diver and the original layout :
mleacock wrote:
Ajax wrote:
Good question. While we're at it, Matt, how about going outside of the board "boundaries" with the Diver? (It is an island, after all, right?) It can get hard to tell where the board boundaries are when the island is sinking. In this way, the Diver power seems to increase as the game goes on.

Sorry, you can't go outside the board's boundaries -- the water's too deep!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kuentin wrote:
But for the Diver, are we sure it is allowed to go frome one side of the ATOLL "island" to another ... ?

Good point. It'd be nice to have some 'Deep Water' tiles to go in the blank spaces in between some of these variant layouts (like the eyes in Skull island). These new tiles would show the spaces as being impassable. Anyone have any hi-res scans of any of the original tiles?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Brichs wrote:

♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

where are you?

Ah well, we don't need 54 layouts. I have about 15-20 custom role cards and other miscellaneous variant cards for FI, so we could add these layouts to those to make a deck. I think 20 altogether would be plenty. If someone wants to design the island cards, that would be great (include a card for the original layout), and I can put the deck together from there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Lensch
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
Crohn's does suck! Please consider donating to CCFA.org!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blott wrote:
Dude, that is awesome! How did it never occur to me to set up the tiles differently to change the game?! The "Bridge of Horrors" looks like it would add some fun strategic decisions, because you'd really have to prioritize those middle pieces. However, the "Atoll of Decisions" just looks like you're begging to lose.

The Pilot or Diver would have to be a must!!!

I too love the game; I can't wait to try it!

Thanks for the post,
Chad
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Lensch
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
Crohn's does suck! Please consider donating to CCFA.org!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kuentin wrote:
GodfatherPTS wrote:

Here is what Matt Leacock said about the Diver and the original layout :
mleacock wrote:
Ajax wrote:
Good question. While we're at it, Matt, how about going outside of the board "boundaries" with the Diver? (It is an island, after all, right?) It can get hard to tell where the board boundaries are when the island is sinking. In this way, the Diver power seems to increase as the game goes on.

Sorry, you can't go outside the board's boundaries -- the water's too deep!

Sorry, didn't read down far enough, I guess.

To either help answer (or cause another question), on the volcano board, it would not make any sense for the diver to swim through the middle, as this is RED HOT MAGMA (say in your best Dr. Evil voice). So this would not be part of the swimming area. However, on an atoll, there is water inside the land. It would make sense to swim through it.

I realize, however, that rules and theme sometimes don't mix. But I think the atoll would be impossible without the diver, and/or the pilot.

What do you guys think?

CHad
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quentin WEHRLE
France
NANCY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sinewave72 wrote:
To either help answer (or cause another question), on the volcano board, it would not make any sense for the diver to swim through the middle, as this is RED HOT MAGMA (say in your best Dr. Evil voice). So this would not be part of the swimming area. However, on an atoll, there is water inside the land. It would make sense to swim through it.

I realize, however, that rules and theme sometimes don't mix. But I think the atoll would be impossible without the diver, and/or the pilot.

What do you guys think?

CHad

Yep, you're probably right as the water inside an atoll is not very deep, and of course the volcano isn't made of water.
But what if the volcano is too high/hot/dangerous for the pilot to fly over ...
This is also evil isn't it ? devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sinewave72 wrote:
However, on an atoll, there is water inside the land. It would make sense to swim through it.

What do you guys think?

Sadly the Atoll doesn't have any specific exceptional rules so you still wouldn't be able to swim through the middle, making the Diver just as doomed as everyone else!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grudunza wrote:
Brichs wrote:

If someone wants to design the island cards, that would be great (include a card for the original layout), and I can put the deck together from there.

I decided to take a crack at this, here's a quick shot of what I have so far:

What I need: suggestions of Level of Difficulties for each layout, (can have halves as well).

Any other comments on how to make the card better?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure we can get a good idea of the difficulty of these without a lot of playtesting... otherwise it's just speculation. Of course, some may be more obviously difficult than others. But regardless, that looks fantastic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brichs
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not getting any images from your post? Might just be my machine, though, as Grudunza seems to be getting some...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bell
United States
Frenchville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Dice Brewing! Check out this new game by Board&Dice! B-)
badge
Life is not a game - games are life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Brichs wrote:
I'm not getting any images from your post? Might just be my machine, though, as Grudunza seems to be getting some...

No, it's not your machine. I was getting an image earlier as well - but not anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry about that, had trouble hosting it, hopefully it's up now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bell
United States
Frenchville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Dice Brewing! Check out this new game by Board&Dice! B-)
badge
Life is not a game - games are life.
mbmbmbmbmb
pHr0sT wrote:
Sorry about that, had trouble hosting it, hopefully it's up now!

There it is! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [16] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.