Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chuck Uherske
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
We had very little time left, and it was an open question whether we'd play any more games at all. Ben said that Smarty Party didn't take long, so we gave it a shot.

Loved the game -- right up my alley. Especially when the questions were ones for which I had an unfair advantage. One of our categories was the 9 baseball teams that had won the most World Series. If you name any year in the 20th century, chances are I can tell you what team won the Series, and who they beat. So I cleaned up on that one -- named every last team on the list. Hardly fair!

I also did quite well with the list of the busiest airports in the US and in Europe (being an inveterate traveler and transferring many times through Amsterdam, Frankfurt and de Gaulle definitely helped). Held my own on the basketball teams with the most championships.

We also had lists of popular game shows, popular soap operas, and most popular male and female names.

The one set where I really didn't do well was the first one: the seven deadly sins, and the five companies with the largest international advertising budgets.

We were given the three legs of the Triple Crown as well as the four gaits of a horse: not knowing squat about horse racing, I still managed to run the table on that category as well, guessing "walk" for the last gait (I had contributed "canter" before. Don't ask me how I knew.)

I've been getting my butt kicked lately on game day so it was fun to have the trivia games today, where I did well. I was 10 spaces from the finish line when the game ended.

Chuck -- 1st (-10 spaces)
Kelly -- 2nd (-2 spaces)
Ben -- 3rd (-1 space)
Rick -- tie 4th
Ed -- tie 4th

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M. Baker
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
designer
Re:Session Report
Chuckles (#446078),

So I cleaned up on that one -- named every last team on the list.

Chuck, how did you get enough turns to name all the teams on the list? Shouldn't the other players have depleted the penalty chips by your third turn or so? Or do you just mean that you knew all the teams on the list?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Uherske
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
darquil (#446158),

Sorry, I didn't myself single-handedly name all the teams on the list. We went around without any misses for a while, and then at the end, when others started missing, I always got one, each trip around, until we ran out of teams.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
The Back Alley gets no respect.
mbmbmbmbmb
Chuckles (#446078),

D'oh. I responded to the other version of this report (the one with the odd date). Sorry. But I love the game, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M. Baker
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
designer
Chuckles (#446165),

Ahh, that makes sense.

Though I don't get to play this game as much as I'd like, this past week I picked up the expansion, in the hopes that I'll need it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.