Jeremy Salinas
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
Drakkenstrike's Components Breakdown Video Review Series in HD
mbmbmbmbmb

FINAL UPDATE Oct.9th @ 12:30 AM

After making my lists and checking them twice, a Winner has finally been determined.

But before I get to that I wanted to make sure everyone checks my Geeklist on Sunday, Oct. 10th at 4:00 PM. I will be announcing the next CONTEST at that time. Those who actively watch my videos and participate may have an advantage over those who simply throw their hat into the ring for a FREE game when the contest starts.

Drakkenstrike's Components Breakdown Video Series in HD

I will try to come up with fun, creative ways to involve as many viewers as possible, and I will keep the hints on the lighter side without making it a chore or "exclusive" to just a select few participants.

Thanks again for the large amount of participation, it was unexpected but enjoyable to watch.

So, without further ado, the winner of both Betrayal at House on the Hill and Dungeons & Dragons: Castle Ravenloft is:

United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

thumbsup Congrats to Doom Turtle thumbsup

Again, come back on Sunday Oct. 10th at 4:00 PM for details on the next CONTEST !!

Thanks again to everyone who participated

Jeremy D. Salinas

*** UPDATE Oct.8th, 2010 at 10:00 PM EST ***

The CONTEST IS NOW OVER

The Video for Betrayal has been posted and can be seen HERE:

Drakkenstrike's Betrayal at House on the Hill Components Breakdown in HD

I will have the announcement for the winner this evening (look at around Midnight EST). There were a LOT of people who guessed correctly, so I will have to check that each person played by ALL the Rules before I complete the bracket and begin my process. Once that is done, I will let the fate of all be determined by the roll of the die. Oh the Cruelty shake

PLEASE make sure you watch the ENTIRE Video....I made a Special Announcement at the End. Don't miss it for you chance to win even more stuff in the very near future.

Jeremy D. Salinas

*** UPDATE Oct.8th, 2010 at 3:30 PM EST ***

I just spent the better part of 6 Hours editing this one. Talk about OVER PRODUCED.

Make sure everyone watches the COMPLETE Video and STAYS FOR THE END.....there is a Special Announcement that follows the Components Breakdown on Betrayal at House on the Hill.

The Video is now Complete and is "Rendering", so it should go live at about 10:30 PM EST this evening, approximately 30 Minutes after the Contest ends. I should have the Winner Announcement before Midnight TONIGHT (Oct.8th, 2010).

Good Luck all and Thanks for all the Compliments.

Jeremy D. Salinas

I wanted to personally thank those whom have supported my work and gave suggestions regarding my upcoming 50th Video in my "Components Breakdown in HD Series" that I have been producing for the better part of the past month.

All suggestions were considered equally, but I have now come to a final decision and I wanted to move forward and make the announcement TODAY so that people could start casting in their "Golden Tickets" for a chance to win. I am giving my BGG watchers and each of you whom are active members of the community a head start in participating in the event.

I will be filming, editing and composing the Video both today and tomorrow and will be releasing it on Friday Night, Oct. 8th, 2010. It will mark my 50th Components Breakdown Video in just over 5 weeks. Due to the nature of this milestone for me personally, I will be giving away NOT one (1), but two (2) BRAND NEW, SHRINKWRAPPED Games. I have no "Supporters" of any kind, so both games are coming out of my own pocket, so all I ask is that the winner pay for Shipping Costs ONLY.

The First Game, and the focus of this upcoming Components Breakdown will be the newly re-released version of:

Betrayal at House on the Hill

The Second Game will remain a mystery until the night of Oct. 8th, 2010. *** HINT: This Second Game IS a Game I have already produced a Video on ***

Both games are NEW RELEASES, and are HOT whistle, and are valued at over $100 Retail.

The rules of the Contest are this:

1 Only two entries per person (2 Sets of Guesses)
2 You must post a comment in THIS post with 3 Guesses as to the "Second Game" that I am giving away.
3 Next, you must go to my Geeklist at Drakkenstrike's Components Breakdown Video Series in HD and thumbsup each of the 3 Games you that you guessed.
4 The winner will be determined from the Correct Guess and whether or not they thumbsup the Correct game and Geeklist.
5 Tie-Breakers will be determined randomly (Coin, etc)

Due to the nature of both games being so NEW to the Market, I do not want to hold this Contest for more than just a few days. I know the type of person that I am, and waiting out long, overdrawn Contests is always a chore. So I want this to be quick and painless so whomever wins can start enjoying their two (2) NEW games ASAP.

Therefore, the Contest will end on FRIDAY, OCT. 8TH at 10:00 PM (the night I announce the second game), so enter ASAP if you want to have a chance at winning.

One final note:
I sincerely apologize for the having to charge for the Shipping Costs, but please realize that I am NOT a Corporation or have unlimited funds, I am a one man band here and am just trying to help out the community as best I can. Please no comments on Shipping Costs, I would like this to be a fun event for all whom participate.

Good Luck and Happy Guessing !!

Jeremy D. Salinas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Y
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: 50th Components Breakdown Video Upcoming - FREE NEW RELEASE GAMES !!!

Very cool Jeremy. Thanks!

My guesses:

Cadwallon: City of Thieves

Invasion from Outer Space: The Martian Game

Constantinopolis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Ross
United States
Charlotte
NC
flag msg tools
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: 50th Components Breakdown Video Upcoming - FREE NEW RELEASE GAMES !!!
My Guesses:

Space Hulk (Third Edition)
Arkham Horror
DungeonQuest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Stout
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DungeonQuest
Invasion from Outer Space: the Martian Game
Castle Ravenloft
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ming Lee
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmb
You're too kind Jeremy. Thanks for hosting this contest!

My guesses are:
Dungeons & Dragons: Castle Ravenloft Board Game
DungeonQuest (third edition)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Roderick
United States
Blue Ridge
Georgia
flag msg tools
God’s purpose for my life was that I have a passion for God’s glory and that I have a passion for my joy in that glory, and these two are one passion.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the giveaways and for your video productions!

Here are my guesses:

Lords of Vegas
Dust Tactics
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony
United States
Lawton
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome contest, I really hope more companies start sending you stuff for free like they do for reviewers like the Dice Tower as your videos are already top notch and you keep innovating further like the excellent new intro sequence.

My guesses are:

War of the Ring (Collector's Edition
Dust Tactics
Space Hulk (3rd Edition)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon New
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome contest Jeremy! Thanks for doing this

My three guesses are:

Dust Tactics

Cadwallon: City of Thieves (including the two sets of painted miniatures and the bonus Duke figure!)

Well, you can dream, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Salinas
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
Drakkenstrike's Components Breakdown Video Review Series in HD
mbmbmbmbmb
Reminder to ALL !

Per Rule 1:

Each person gets 2 SETS of Guesses. Make sure you utilize this option to make 6 TOTAL Guesses.

HOWEVER, you need to post twice here (once for each set of 3 guesses), and make sure you go back andthumbsup the appropriate items in my Geeklist for your second set of guesses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony
United States
Lawton
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2nd set of guesses:

Dungeon and Dragons: Castle Ravenloft
Wok Star

Edit: Two of my guesses were too similiar I decided
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Roderick
United States
Blue Ridge
Georgia
flag msg tools
God’s purpose for my life was that I have a passion for God’s glory and that I have a passion for my joy in that glory, and these two are one passion.
mbmbmbmbmb
Guess set #2:

Constantinopolis

Dungeonquest

Ascension

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool! Gotta say, you helped me greatly in my decision to get Cyclades.

My three guess are:
Invasion From Outer Space: The Martian Game
Claustrophobia
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Kassler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1st set of guesses:

DungeonQuest
Dungeon and Dragons: Castle Ravenloft

Thanks for the contest and all the awesome reviews!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Kassler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2nd set of guesses:

Acension: Chronicle of the Godslayer
Claustrophobia
Catacombs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2nd set of guesses:
DungeonQuest
Catacombs
Carson City
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon New
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
...and thanks to Jeremy's timely reminder, my second set of guesses!!

DungeonQuest (third edition)

Claustrophobia

Space Hulk (third edition) - Again, one can dream
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Daulton
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: 50th Components Breakdown Video - WIN TWO FREE NEW RELEASE GAMES !!!
First guess:

Lords of Vegas

Washington's War
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Daulton
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: 50th Components Breakdown Video - WIN TWO FREE NEW RELEASE GAMES !!!
Second Guess:

Stronghold

Caylus

I've enjoyed your videos Jeremy and it's neat to know the man behind the camera!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Meeks
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome Series...Here is my first set of guesses.

Cyclades
Defenders of the Realm
DungeonQuest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Meeks
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My second set of guesses.

Stone Age
Battles of Westeros
Castle Ravenloft
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.
United States
Grant
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess
Dust Tactics
Battles of Westeros
Founding Fathers
Edit: Sorry, just saw the price clue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.
United States
Grant
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guess Set #2
Stronghold

Edit: Sorry, just saw the price clue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Y
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Second Submission:

Cyclades

DungeonQuest

Ascension

Thanks again for the opportunity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarunas Cesna
Lithuania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
First gueses:
Invasion from Outer Space
Stone Age
Space Hulk 3rd edition
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My guesses:

Ascension

Heroes of Graxia

Cyclades
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.