Popular Tags: [View All]
To-ju Huang
United States
La Jolla
California
flag msg tools
The "Example of a fleet battle" on page 7 of the rulebook states

Quote:
If the purple fleet moves to the Ionian Sea, Purple can decide whether the fleet should fight. ... If Purple does not want to do battle, the purple fleet moves to the Ionian Sea. If, directly after this move, Yellow or Green do (typo?) not want to fight, all three fleets remain in the Ionian Sea. If booth (typo?) (green and yellow) fleets want to fight, the activ (typo?) purple fleet decides which one can do so.

Does this mean the battle can be declared only if defenders unanimously agree to fight when the active fleet/army does not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Heis
United Kingdom
Stockport
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No I think what it's saying is that if either the Yellow Player or the Green Player decide they want to fight then a battle is fought accordingly.
If both Yellow and Green decide they want to fight the intruder, then Purple gets to decide which one he fights.
If neither Yellow or Green want to draw battle, then all three fleets exist in harmony

HTH...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bohnenberger
United States
Swarthmore
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Terraformer is right. Note that there are no special rules for naval battles. In all cases, battle occurs if any of the players involved wants it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
To-ju Huang
United States
La Jolla
California
flag msg tools
I see, then it looks like the rulebook has a translation error since "If a or b don't do X, then Y" means (not(a does X) => Y) & (not (b does X) => Y).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kohlman
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This rule variant would have been handy the last time I played. I had a controlling interest in Italy and every turn, and I mean every turn, the Austrian player attacked me. My game was effectively over in the first 20 minutes, as was his. It was his first time playing and I kept telling him that this wasn't going to work out well for the two of us. No matter! We finished last and 2nd last.

Awesome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.