United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Well, I see the otherness of being other is otherwise contraindicated
badge
Who cares where it came from or whether it's correct or not? Certainly not me
mbmbmbmbmb
What a disgusting looking set of gamers. Thank GOD I don't live in Columbus. That fellow in the middle looks like he ought to be managing a gamestore in a mall. Too tacky.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M Monin
United States
Branford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmb
That can't be Ohio - there's a guy there in a Steelers jersey!

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Vasel
United States
Homestead
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Love Games, Love 'Em!!!
badge
Check out DiceTower.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm, I'm tempted to agree with Mr. Cranky!

Speaking of which, Josh, you and I are going to have to play a game together at Origins this year - possibly causing an implosion of the universe, mixing positive with negative.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Adelson
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom, if I make it to Origins this year (and I'm hoping to, but can't commit as of yet) you're on. Of course, my negativity has nothing whatsoever to do with games--it's all about the gamers. And not even that many of them. Just the ones that write a lot and hide out in the Far East.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Valerie Putman
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
Tom, if I make it to Origins this year (and I'm hoping to, but can't commit as of yet) you're on. Of course, my negativity has nothing whatsoever to do with games--it's all about the gamers. And not even that many of them. Just the ones that write a lot and hide out in the Far East.

WHAT do you mean...IF???? MisterCranky, if you don't come to Origins I am going to cry. Or at least pout.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anye Freer
United States
Arlington
TX
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, MisterCranky, we need to stop doing that ships in the night thang and actually play a game together sometime instead of just blowing kisses across the internet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Adelson
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dietevil wrote:
Yes, MisterCranky, we need to stop doing that ships in the night thang and actually play a game together sometime instead of just blowing kisses across the internet

Well Anye, much as I'd love to actually meet and play some games, it may have to wait awhile--I'm due for a rather involved cervical discectomy mid-April, which I've been crankily building up to since LAST Origins, when I snapped my neck merely by shifting a bag that had about ten pounds worth of games in it.... Origins is apparently the jinxed convention for me, since I always either hurt myself or lose a lot of games there.

Val, now that you go to every convention and gaming event in this hemisphere, we're bound to hook up again eventually. I figure you're a shoe-in for the Gathering of Friends soon, so let me know when that happens and I'll crash it again and come play a game with you. I think your pal from Georgia stole my Die Sieben Weisen copy from the last Buckeye Gamefest, so there's a good chance I'll try to get back for that to administer a fitting punishment. (Yeah, yeah, I'm sure you guys got it back to me, but I have about 80 boxes of games left to unpack from my move so I'm pretending it's not in any of those.) By the way, are you a real person? I forget.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Valerie Putman
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No MisterCranky!
Commence pouting in three...two...one.....wah!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Adelson
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent, Bud! Looks like you've gone from a few thousand attendees at MOSSL to about 14 at that Turkish Bath lobby.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Steadman
United States
El Paso
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TomVasel wrote:
Hmmm, I'm tempted to agree with Mr. Cranky!

Speaking of which, Josh, you and I are going to have to play a game together at Origins this year - possibly causing an implosion of the universe, mixing positive with negative.

I'll be there, can I watch? My money is on Josh!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Adelson
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe, I think you should play instead of spectate. It's bound to be more fun for everybody. Let's try to play something that none of us has played before, and we can all review it on the spot. I predict that no matter what it is, I can find 12 things wrong about it, starting with "I didn't win."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Christiansen
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's too quiet in here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Christiansen
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RC Hobbies and Games discount at BGF VI
Dave, here's what Ron Charity sent us about that:

Quote:
"I have set up 2 coupons on my website. One for the Game Fest
(Buckeye2005) - 5% off until end of Oct. The other one for your game group
(CABS) - 5% off good all year.

RC Hobbies will be taking Pre-orders & Selling at this years Buckeye Game Fest VI. To place a pre-order go to http://www.hobbiesandgames.com/ and place your order. When checking out enter the discount/coupon code Buckeye2005 and save 5% off our already low prices. Also select in-store pickup to save on shipping. If you wish to pay at the convention just select pay by Check and I will collect from you at the convention."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Steadman
United States
El Paso
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
Joe, I think you should play instead of spectate. It's bound to be more fun for everybody. Let's try to play something that none of us has played before, and we can all review it on the spot. I predict that no matter what it is, I can find 12 things wrong about it, starting with "I didn't win."

I'd rather watch!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Stein
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Buckeye Game Fest
The Buckeye Game Fest will be held next week from Thursday September 29 to Sunday October 2. It will be held at the Radisson Hotel in Worthington, Ohio, just south of the intersection of I-270 and High Street (Rt. 23). A wide range of games are scheduled including Euros, wargames and miniatures. You can get a complete schedule from the CABS website at http://www.buckeyeboardgamers.org/buckeyegamefest.htm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ric Manns
United States
Scottsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Block Party in Columbus
The BPA Block Party has added another tourney. Commands & Colors: Ancients will be an official tourney. It joins Hammer of the Scots, War of 1812, Liberty & a Wild Card tourney for play in other block games such as Rommel, Europe Engulfed, Pacific Victory, Crusader Rex and all the others.

We are a little over 5 weeks away and have a few days before we the pre-registration deadline.

You can see more details at http://www.buckeyeboardgamers.org/blockparty.htm & http://www.boardgamers.org

Let the Gaming Begin!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Bucey
United States
Lancaster
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Entry fee for BPA members is $25.00 for the weekend and unlimited gaming."

Do you have to be a BPA member to attend?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ric Manns
United States
Scottsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
CABS members can enter at $25 as well as BPA Members.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Yope
United States
Saint Clair
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Attention All Axis & Allies Gamers-

The A&A Spring Gathering IV is happening this Saturday (04/01/06) in Cincinnati!

Check out this link for more information:

http://www.geocities.com/headlesshorseman2/smoreyswamp.html

Click on the Spring Gathering header for the specific info.

Craig A. Yope
WBC A&A Event GM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this still happening on the first and third Fridays?

My in-laws are Wings fan(atic)s and bought tickets (that only cost us $250 [Oh the games I could have gotten...]) for April 8 at Columbus. Therefore, we may be there on the first Friday of April, specifically the 7th. Is there a meeting that night? Are out of town visitors welcome? Are (games)mature children welcome?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Bowsher
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
Quote:
Is this still happening on the first and third Fridays?

Yes. There will be a meeting on the 7th.

Quote:
Are out of town visitors welcome?

Most definitely. You might want to drop a line to Bud Sauer (laserdog@columbus.rr.dont.want.no.stinkin.spam.com , you know what to do ) if you want to play something exotic like any particular wargame or Die Macher or something. That way he can get the word out to drum up a game. There will be tons of euros played though, so if that's more your speed there should be something to make you happy.

Quote:
Are (games)mature children welcome?

Yes, assuming that you will be there to supervise them, which it seems as though you are.

(edited to fix typo)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ric Manns
United States
Scottsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Block Party in Colubus, Ohio
Fredrick's War will be demoed at Block Party by the Designer Ron Draker. I will be bringing a playtest copy of Fast Action Battles: The Bulge for GMT. It is my hope that we will draw 40+ for the block Party.....the Pre-registration deadline ends April 15th!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ric Manns
United States
Scottsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Block Party Wild Card Tourney
Players may open game and have that game count toward the Wild Card tourney. The winner must have played at least three different games from the following list. The winner will be the player that has the best winning percentage of all the games. Players that compete in more than three games will get a bonus over those that play just three games.

Games can begin when open gaming begins on April 28th and must be finished on Sunday, April 30th at Noon. Score sheets will be provided and need to include the players the winner and any bids that took place.

Games that are a part of the Wild Card Event:
*Napoleon (Could be either AH or CG version)
*Fredrich (Histogames – Multi-player)
*Rommel in the Desert (GG)
*Crusader Rex (CG – Bid for the Saracens # of blocks to be removed from the Sarcens and added to the Franks initial deployment)
*Europe Engulfed (GMT)
*Pacific Victory (CG – Bid VP for the Allies to be added to the Japan’s total at the end)
*Victory (CG)
*Wizard Kings (CG)
*Gettysburg: Badges of Courage (CG)
*Bobby Lee/Sam Grant (CG)
*Victoria’s Cross (WG)
*Forged in Fire (WG)
*EuroFront Series (CG)
*Bonaparte at Marengo (SG)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Bucey
United States
Lancaster
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"...and the remaining 16 CABBIES were off to HOMETIME BUFFET !!!"

Ick. As punishment?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Christiansen
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cratex wrote:
"...and the remaining 16 CABBIES were off to HOMETIME BUFFET !!!"

Ick. As punishment?

Heh heh. Paul and I went to return the Truck then home. So we weren't punished.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [62] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.